10 Ideas That Piss Off A Dictator

10 Ideas That Piss Off A Dictator

... Science my friend

66
10 Ideas That Piss Off A Dictator
http://hitlerparody.wikia.com/wiki/File:Dolfy_HD.jpg

As of this week, the scientific community has come under pressure from the government to stifle information provided to the public- censorship of knowledge endangers the first amendment. As an American, nothing is more sacred to me than the protection of these essential rights and anyone in opposition of these rights is a traitor to this nation regardless of their position. Know the first amendment, because generations have died and will continue to die for it's preservation and improvement.

YOURFirst Amendment: "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press, or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances"

YOU have the right to:

1. Freedom of Press

2. Freedom of Assembly

3. Freedom of Religion

4. Freedom of Speech

We will not go backwards. "War is NOT peace. Freedom is NOT slavery. Ignorance is NOT strength. " Acceptance is a fate worse than death. I will not wait till they come for me and that is why I must fight for my brothers and sisters ahead of me.

1. Climate Change is Real

There is scientific evidence backed by NASA, to the National Park Service that climate change is real. Humans are speeding up the natural process at a rate that cannot be sustained. Extreme weather and the dying out of species has already begun. Don't believe me? Look it up, comment on this post and share the source that you found information counter to the truth- I dare you.

2. Native American Rights Are Human Rights

Native Americans are the first Americans and with the creation of DAPL we just gave another bird to communities that, for years, we have been attempting to make reparations with. You can no longer say that "it wasn't your fault that their land was taken, we weren't even born"- you're here now and we are building on their land. Fix it. Stop DAPL.

3. Knowledge is Power

The education system must be repaired in order to create questions. Just like adolescence is a time of rebellion because you realize that your parents aren't superheroes, that same logic applies to when you grow up and learn that your government isn't perfect either. Rebellion comes from anger and anger comes from the knowledge that you have been wronged.

4. Science is Life

Currently, the administration has attempted to silence the scientific community in order to keep important knowledge out of the hands of the public? Why? It's easier to direct people to a drop off when they can't see you're leading them off a cliff. Luckily, they are fighting back and many Twitter handles have gone rogue, meaning they are protesting. It was only within the first week that knowledge was being stifled. What will happen in two months?

5. Religion is Objective

In our government there is the separation of church and state. As a nation of immigrants, different religions must be not only tolerated, but celebrated. The obliteration of one religion is an affront to everyone.

6. Women's Rights Are Human Rights

The right to equal pay and the protection of the right to dictate their own body is a human right- even the U.N. agrees on this one.

7. Fossil Fuels Endanger Ecosystems

A pipeline recently burst that is in close proximity to where the DAPL pipeline is being built. It spilled over 150,000 gallons of crude oil. Oil spills disrupt ecosystems- I don't have a problem with fossil fuels, but companies are historically negligent in maintenance and necessary upkeep, so just like the saying- "this is why we can't have nice things"- it's because you break them and then they make a mess.

8. International Community

Our economy is no longer self-reliant. As proven in the 2009 economic crisis, the missteps of the United States created an international calamity that is still being felt in places like Greece even today. International citizenship is now a mandatory consideration because each nation affects the well being of others.

9. Isolationism is Failure

Isolationist policies are no longer an option. In the controlling of our nation, isolationism made sense in the self-preservation of the young nation. As a nation of immigrants, as proven by the fact that English is the common language (English came from England...mind blowing I know), isolationism is only a dream.

10. Censorship is A Dictatorship

The prevention of the spread of knowledge is an attempt at better controlling the masses. Dictators have always stifled information as one of their first acts. Hitler attacked intellectuals and burned books later on after originally being freely elected by the people of Germany. History is the future put down into writing unless the people with pens (or laptops in this case) fight back.