10 Ways Music Can Make 2017 Better Than 2016

New year, new music.

22
Shannon Roberts

New year, new music. 2016 may have brought you cheer or dread, but either way, you want 2017 to be a memorable year for the right reasons. Music can 100% set you in the right direction. We may not share identical taste in music, but it's safe to say that we al do love music. Here are 10 ways we can use it to make 2017 a better year!

1. Go to (More) Concerts.

So what if you have work the next day? So what if the venue is a bit of a drive? It'll be an experience that you'll never forget! Plus, tour merch.

2. Make an Ultimate Playlist.

Everyday can't be the best day. Naturally, each year brings new challenges. Be ready to face them with music in your corner. Make a playlist to have ready when you're bummed, pissed, or downright unmotivated.

3. Rep Your Bands.

That's right. March right into Hot Topic (or your store of choice) and find your favorite band's shirt. It's ultimate self expression. You're broadcasting how amazing they are and people always ask about what you're wearing.

4. Turn Up at the Gym.

You'll surprise yourself with how you can mentally push your body to achieve your goals! Sometimes you just need a little push to get in the zone. Tune out the world with your favorite songs.

5. Support Local Artists.

Your favorites all started somewhere. While it would be terribly impressive if they played in sold out stadiums for their first gig, it's not likely. They probably started fairly local. Sometimes it's hard to get people on board, so make sure to show them some love.

6. Just Buy It.

You can easily download music fo free, but why not break the norms and buy it? It'll make you feel super nostalgic and you'll know you're being a good fan.

7. Share the wealth.

Sharing music is one of the funnest things you can do. While there is a fine line between sharing and shoving it down your friend' ears, it's totally worth it if you hit that sweet spot. You'll have someone to share the obsession with and your band will have a new fan.

8. Listen to Something New.

You may swear by country music, but how will you know if you like, say, rap? If you do, you'll have done yourself a huge favor. Plus, even if you do hate it, it'll make you appreciate your usual music choice even more.

9. Don't Knock It.

This is probably the most important! If you've ever had someone talk about how "shitty" your favorite band is, you get it. Dissing bands for no good reason is just disheartening to their fans and spreads negativity. If you don't have anything nice to say, just can it.

10. Get Social from Home!

You heard me right, hermits! Try following your favorite artists on social media. Sure, some may tweet the most ridiculous things in 140 characters, but you're sure to find one that inspires you. Plus, it's a perfect place to get connected with other fans. You already have one thing in common!