10 Ways to Make Your Apartment More Homey

463
https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2017/11/03/636452762306862302-1331254284_odysseyliving%20room.jpg

1. Lights

Photo Credit: dear fairytale

Glimmer strings or cheap holiday lights can turn your bedroom from boring to a sweet little oasis. I have lights hanging around my window to brighten the room and they are great mood lighting for movie nights! Bonus Tip: Hang your lights with command strips so they are easy to move around.

2. Candles

Photo Credit: Alesa Dam

If your landlord allows candles then you better make a trip to Pier 1 and get a few! I am an avid candle lighter and have one or more lit at all times. Candles can spruce up the place and you can cater to whatever type of vibe you want to give off whether it be fruity, cozy or something seasonal.

3. Faux Fur Throws

Photo Credit: Toshiyuki IMAI

I am a cheap college student and I couldn't afford the throw I wanted so a friend got it for me for Christmas and my life instantly improved! I drape mine over the couch in the living room and it makes the room look more put together and its great to cuddle with when watching a scary movie.

4. Tapestry

Photo Credits: Frances Sousa

A tapestry is a great option to help prevent a cold empty room. It can add color and a little style to your room. I purchased mine online and got it for only $20. If you are looking for a tapestry check out www.society6.com

5. Plants

Photo Credits: Nancy Hoang

If you are too broke to have a dog, a plant is your second best choice. I have 4 succulents in my room and they are fun to take care of and to watch grow. I also have a hanging pot in my room that looks great handing in front of my window.

6. Accent Pillows

Photo Credits: Malori Maeva

Accent pillows brighten up your living room and make your room look more plush. I layer throw pillows onto my couch as well as my bed and they make it seem much more inviting.

7. Pictures & Frames

Photo Credits: Evans Jia

Hanging pictures in your room looks great but not extremely sophisticated. Framing pictures makes them more appealing and you can do a great, well put together collage wall. Having photos of friends and family individualizes your room and gives it much more of a homey feeling.

8. Rugs

Photo Credits: jen collins

You can get a cheap rug at target or even at Walmart that will bring together any room. It will keep your feet warm during the cold weather and add a pop of color to bland furniture.

9. Books

Photo Credits: stephtee

Books make you look more intelligent and hint hint, they can be fun to read! They can be a great focal point on your coffee table or even to stack along your shelves.

10. Flowers

Photo Credit: Andrea Teruel

My roommates and I get flowers at a local farmers market during the spring but during the fall and winter we get cheap flowers from Walmart. Flowers spruce up our apartment and are fun to pick out during the different seasons.