10 Underrated Pop Punk Songs

10 Underrated Pop Punk Songs

Let the nostalgia take you over.

864
10 Underrated Pop Punk Songs
Silvery

Most of us know that pop punk was and is a way of life. We all had or still have scene hair and band shirts with black skinny jeans. While we all studied bands and their entire song libraries, some songs got overlooked. I've got a list of ten that one could say were a bit underrated.

1.) Stella - All Time Low

You're only happy when I'm wasted
I point my finger but I just can't place it
Feels like I'm falling in love alone
Stella, would you take me home?

This song is commonly misconstrued as a song about a female named Stella. In reality this song is about being drunk. This song has a beat like no other, it has you instantly hooked. You can't help but fall in love with its vibe. They even have a segment in the song in which it sounds like a live crowd singing the chorus. This song explains drunk thoughts and feelings!

2.) Champagne for My Real Friends, Real Pain for My Sham Friends - Fall Out Boy

Strike us like matches, cause everyone deserves the flames
We only do it for the scars and stories, not the fame
At least everyone is trying, everyone is shining
Everyone deserves the flames but it's such a shame
Such a shame

This song is about having fun with your friends. This song also has a hint of sarcasm in the mix. Fall Out Boy is a band who has songs that can and will make you happy. The instrumentals of this song alone is worth the listen. Not the most popular song off From Under The Cork Tree, but far my favorite. I can't help but be a bit biased. ;)

3.) The Futile - Say Anything

I'm eating rat poison for dinner!
Pull the cord from the phone, I am dining alone
Tonight! Rat poison for dinner, pull the cord from the phone,
I am dining alone, so goodnight!

The definition of futile is incapable of producing any useful result; pointless. This song is basically just a big FU to those who have it all together. You know we all have those self deprecating memes that we just love. This song is just a big ball of sarcasm that I appreciate more and more as and adult.

4.) I Put the Metro in Metronome - Cute is What We Aim For

Style doesn't matter when you're on your back
Just remember that fact, just remember that
Your clothes don't fit this season
You're cold and that's the reason

This song is a feel good jam. Cute is What We aim For has a knack for making you feel happy. This is just an uplifting song about how all girls are great. It doesn't matter if you are from a better part of town, all girls are good!

5.) Dakota - A Rocket To The Moon

It's the way you do, the things you do

That make me fall in love with you
Dakota, are you in love with me too?

THIS SONG! Its super sweet. Its a cute little ditty that has so much emotion. The lyrics are heart felt and mesmerizing. A Rocket To The Moon still makes my emo heart swoon.

6.) You're So Last Summer - Taking Back Sunday

Cause I'm a wishful thinker with the worst intentions,
This'll be last chance you get to drop my name

I know you're thinking, "Juanita this song isn't really that underrated." I see your frustration, but this song about a girl knocking a guy down a couple notches deserves a bit more credit. This gem is hidden by Make Damn Sure and Cute Without the e. TBS is a wonderful band with so much to offer.

7.) Inside of You - The Maine

Noooo, whoahhhh
I'm never gonna be inside of you
And I said,
Noooo, whoahhhh
I'm never gonna see inside of you

This song is so pretty. The Maine always gets deep. This song is about someone who is refusing to let people in. It shows the feelings of someone who is afraid to open up to anyone.

8.) Oh Well, Oh Well - Mayday Parade

Oh well, oh well. I still hope for the best.
Say goodbye and send me off with a kiss farewell.
And I promise I'll be just as strong as I can be.
Maybe you could get some sleep tonight
.

This song. This song right here is one hell of break up jam. It starts out so sweet and innocent then jumps to a story of deceit. This song will give you some power back. Just so empowering.

9.) lg fuad - Motion City Soundtrack

Let me in, let me in to the club, 'cause I wanna belong,
And I need to get strong, and if memory serves,
I'm addicted to words and they're useless.

This is a great fuck it song. His use of words in this song are absolutely wonderful. Not only does it hit you with realness, it also makes you smile. The answer to saying fuck it, is usually alcohol.

10.) I'm Already Gone - A Day to Remember

And I'm, I'm already gone
I'm already something to someone that I don't know.
When will I know?

I honestly can't say enough about this song. This is a song for the lost. A song for the confused. Not to mention that the harmonies in this song is literally breath taking. This song is lyrically and musically beautiful. Just heart melting.