10 Totally Valid Excuses College Students Have For Skipping Class

I'm not condoning it, I swear!

850
Twitter

I'm not telling you to skip class. I just want you to know your reasons for skipping are legitimate enough. We're all guilty of skipping to sleep or watch TV. Your professor was in your shoes.

1. It's too hot or cold outside

Some days you just can't handle the temperature. There aren't enough clothes you can put on or remove that would make the haul to class worth your while. You wouldn't be the first to crawl right back into bed when you check the weather app.

2. It's raining

Sometimes walking to class in rain boots and holding an umbrella is too much work. They shouldn't even expect you to get out of your warm and cozy room. The world supports your decision to get back into your pajamas and skip class.

3. The humidity

If you're in the south, you know how different and how much worse humidity is than just heat. If you did your hair, you can forget about it, it's history. and just remember if you already skipped for the rain, you can skip again for the humidity because they're different classes so it's not even that bad.

4. You're hungry

You can't focus without food in your belly anyway, so go eat. You are not the first person who has a class exactly when you'd usually eat dinner. Maybe you skipped breakfast and you have a class at lunchtime, skip it. Don't make it a habit, but you've gotta eat. We get it.

5. You wouldn't pay attention anyway

phones

Every person I know has used this excuse. You aren't alone. We've all had professors who either don't teach at all, or don't teach well enough to hold your attention. They tell personal stories and read straight off the PowerPoint they're going to email you later. One skip won't hurt.

6. You're too tired

Stayed up too late studying? Roommate kept you up? As college students, being tired is in our DNA or something. Some days we're actually too sleepy to function.

7. Netflix

Your professor should know Netflix is needed every once in a while to help you survive. And when a new show comes out... Need I say more?

8. A bad hangover

Let's be honest, not showing up at all is much better than showing up hungover. You wouldn't be all there anyhow.

9. You have work for other classes

College means skipping one class to study for another one. Who even knows what time management is.

10. Literally anything else

Whatever other excuses you've come up with, or will in the future, I'm sure it's reasonable.