10 Tips To Start The School Year Right

10 Tips To Start The School Year Right

Be your best for your best work.

3
10 Tips To Start The School Year Right
indiancountrytoday

With the beginning of a busy new school year starting here are some tips on how to not get off track the first few weeks and help you make sure you feel prepared for the rest of the year.

1. Do not get stressed out during the first few weeks of classes.

There is no need, your professors are just as scattered brained as you are with the start of the new school year. Everyone needs an adjustment period.

2. Make to-do lists about the tasks you need to complete

...and future assignments that you could possibly get a head start on.

3. Eat breakfast, lunch and dinner.

All three meals ensure your brain and body has the right amount of nutrients to continue through the days with the heavy course load.

4. Make room for "me" time.

It is essential for survival throughout the year to take sometime for yourself and to just relax. Take a 30 minute nap, watch some Netflix, take a relaxing shower. Just don't forget to take time for yourself.

5. Don't use all your time worrying about the things you think you have to get done.

Focus on the assignments that are due first and then work your way down the list.

6. While studying break up your work.

Spend 15 to 20 minutes looking at one subject and then spend another 15 to 20 minutes looking at other subjects. Breaking up your work between subjects gives you time to comprehend what you were looking at and doesn't make you tired.

7. SLEEP.

Sleep is probably one of the most important things to a college student. Although sometimes it is hard to come by. Definitely sleep when you can; it's needed.

8. Find a study group, or other people you could do work with.

Sometimes doing the same tasks and assignments with other people helps you stay focused.

9. Schedule time for study breaks.

You can't do it all at once so take a break, give your self a few moments to check your phone or e-mail and continue working.

10. Put yourself first.

Out of all the advice I could give, some of it repetitive, I cannot say that enough. Put yourself and your well being first. If you aren't at your best, your work won't be at it's best either.

Use these tips to start off the school year in a great way and hopefully the rest of the semester will be that way too!