10 Tips to Survive Working Retail During the Holidays

Working retail during the holidays can be stressful and crazy!

324
GaudiLab

It’s that time of year again for retail workers, and the stores are getting busy with people buying gifts for family and friends. It’s not easy though, and it seems to get hectic around this time too. Here are ten tips for retail workers to survive the holidays!

1.Prepare for nasty customers taking it out on you since you ran out of their favorite item. Don’t take it personal though, and let it roll off you.

2. Prepare for long lines and short handedness on the floor, and just think it’s not your fault either. You will be driven crazy but let it all go.

3. After the shift forget about work since it means you no longer have to be stressed after you clock out.

4. Get a hobby to use for after work and on your days off to avoid getting overstressed.

5. Binge watch television shows or movies to unwind after work since it can be stressful, and even do it on your day off to relax.

6. Don’t let managers get you down or supervisors because when they get stressed they will take it out on you. Don’t take it personal.

7. Hang out with friends and family, and even vent to them to talk about stupid customer stories. Laughing about it with them.

8. Prepare to clean up messes, and put up stuff customers don’t want leaving items in random spaces.

9. Don’t take their rude attitudes personal since half of them are probably over stressed or grouchy for dumb reasons.

10. Take a drink, play a game or read a book to celebrate the end of a long retail holiday season.

All of these tips can help you survive retail during the holiday season, and you’ll have funny stories to tell friends and family!