10 Tips For ACU Freshmen

10 Tips For ACU Freshmen

From an upperclassmen, I am here to save you.

28
10 Tips For ACU Freshmen
The Optimist

Every college student has to deal with the social awkwardness of freshman year. It's inevitable — you can't escape it. Therefore, I've put together this list to make your freshman year less awkward. You'll appreciate this later, and it will probably make a lot more sense in the next couple of months.

1. Retire the word "grade" and "teacher."

Don't be that guy asking everyone what "grade" they're in — we're adults now, and we are arranged by classification.

2....And "teacher."

It's practically blasphemous to use the word "teacher" in college. So to avoid any snappy backlash, quickly add the word "professor" to your personal dictionary.

3. Take your I.D. OFF!

Stop. Take the lanyard off of your neck right now! This is why we have purses and backpacks! This is exactly how we spot new fish on campus.

(The purple orientation book bag should also be tucked away by week 4).

4. Bros before Ho...mework?

Now that I've gotten your attention...No! Homework first. No matter what. No late night runs, and no partying on the night before your 20-page essay is due.

5. Don't use all of your Bean Bucks in the first week.

This is a very important tip to remember, folks. You do not want to be hungry during finals week, trust me. It's quite easy to burn all of your Bean Bucks, and I guarantee you that the "begging all of your friends just to swipe for a $2 cup of coffee from Starbucks" life is not worth it.

6. Work out regularly.

Since we're on the subject of food, I can't help but to stress how crucial it is to maintain a healthy weight during college. Personally, I gained 10 pounds even when I was working out 3-4 days a week. It wasn't until I worked out everyday for an hour that I began to level out.

7. Volunteer work?

Yes, voluntarily volunteering your service of work. Do it. Believe me, you grow from it.

8. Hold off on dating as long as freshman-ly possible.

You have your whole life (about four years) to meet possible mates, so relax. Plus you miss out on a lot of unnecessary drama by excluding yourself.

9. Read your bible.

Wait...What do you mean Moses murdered someone?

10. Have fun.

Get involved! From Freshman-Follies to Sing-Song. Get your full $40,000 per year's worth.