10 Thoughts I Have When Going To My 8 AM

Why would anyone schedule anything so early in the morning?

13

I am now officially a junior in college. I somehow survived four full semesters with never having to take a class before 9am. When I was registering for fall classes last spring, I was hit with the hard reality that one’s junior year in college is very similar to their junior year in high school – full of stress, anxiety, and the endless feeling of being overwhelmed. This realization hit hardest when I was forced to sign up for my first 8am class of college. Now, anyone who knows me knows very well that I am the absolute opposite of a morning person, so these are some of the common thoughts that run through my head when struggling to get up for class on Tuesdays and Thursdays…

1. If I stay in bed any longer, will I be able to get ready in 6.5 minutes?

2. Can't keep... eyes.. open...

3. I got dressed for this...?

4. How many cups of coffee would be too much? Seven?

5. When is my next time slot for a nap?

6. Am I even going to retain any of this information...?

7. I'll just sit in the back so no one can see when my head starts to tilt back slowly...

8. Do you think my parents would approve of me becoming a stripper?

9. Is it time for graduation yet?

10. I will NEVER do this again...