10 Things You Hate To Admit That You Miss About Your Roommates Over Winer Break

You hate to admit it, but you miss them.
1

They drive you crazy while you are at school but once you are at home for long periods of time you can’t help but miss them. Roommates are the family that you get to choose to live with during arguably one of the most stressful times in your life.

They’ve seen you literally at your worst and love you anyways. As excited as we all are to go home and get a home-cooked meal and sleep in our own beds, leaving our roommates behind really does suck. You even begin to miss some of their annoying qualities, though you will never admit it.

1. You miss constantly having someone to talk too. Even though sometimes the only way anyone can have a conversation is through complaining, you miss hearing about their day.
  2. You basically live with the unofficial fashion police. Whether it’s for going out or just to go to class, they are your on hand fashion police to tell you if your clothes actually match or if that shirt really does look as bad as you think it does.
  3. Having someone to watch annoying talk shows with in between class. Because we all hate The View, but none of us have the heart to change it.
  4. Being able to walk upstairs if you're bored. One of the biggest things that suck about being home is having to drive to see your friends. At least at school, you can just walk into the next room and snuggle up on someone else's bed and hang out.

5. The constant yelling conversations. Because someone doesn’t want to get up from the couch, or the awkward yelling back and forth through the bathroom door, there is always a loud pitched conversation going on somewhere.
  6. The lack of privacy. Actually no, no one misses this. But it does make for some funny stories.
  7. You don’t have just your closet to choose from when it comes to getting ready. Basically there are multiple other closets full of shoes, shirts, jeans and jewelry that are waiting at your fingertips. (because you know 9/10 times the owner of the clothing is going to let you borrow it anyways)

8. Having your own personal hair and makeup artist on hand. Why curl your own hair or do your own smokey eye when someone else can do it for you?
  9. Always having someone there to fix a problem. Whether it’s what you should text back to a guy, how to fix the crisis that is your hair, or fixing someone’s outfit for the tenth time, there is always someone there to help.
  10. You don’t have to do anything by yourself. Need to go to the store? Take a roommate. Want to eat in the dining hall? Take a roommate. Want to go to Dunkin? Take a roommate. Want to go out? Take a roommate. You get the picture.