10 Things I Wish I Would've Known Sooner Than Later

"Don't race your car even if it's fast."

281
Facebook

1. Sometimes the significant other of your dreams turns out to be your worst nightmare.

We all have that one person who we dream of being with, until we meet them. I promise you there's greater things in life than holding onto someone who doesn't give you the love you deserve.

2. Study more for your math tests.

You won't regret it when you could've started out a sophomore in college but instead you're retaking another math class you could have passed if you tried a little harder.

3. Don't take a Spanish class.

Unless you 100% know you're good at a foreign language, and NOT dyslexic, then I say go for it. But, if you're like me you'll realize what a waste of time, tears, and stress it was.

4. Appreciate your parents.

You really don't see how much your parents do/have done for you until you're on your own and you don't have them to remind you to take out the trash or not to procrastinate changing your oil.

5. Call your grandparents at least once a week.

It will rip your heart out when your grandparent isn't just a phone call away anymore.

6. Don't race your car, even if it's fast.

It's all fun and games until you take a turn a little too fast and your car takes out a mailbox and you're left with a totaled vehicle and nothing cool to drive anymore.

7. Date the person that's easy.

If the person is worth it, there should be no complications. No avoiding, arguments, or lies should be in the equation of any relationship.

8. Nice guys finish first.

It might be cool to date the "bad boy" in high school, but when they graduate and they're still drinking their life away with a part time job, is it really that "cool" anymore?

9. Your mother can point out a fake friend way before you can.

I wish I would've listened to my mother because it would have saved me a lot of tears and prevented a lot of pain.

10. Appreciate the little things.

The days you think are going to be the biggest days of your life never are. It always starts out on the normal days when you least expect it.