10 Things We Shouldn't Be Too Quick to Judge

A semi-quick article about things we should be more considerate of.

46

Although my articles aren't usually because of reading someone else's, this one is the lucky first. Now, that article wasn't exactly pleasant, the writer was judging women for what they decide to wear. To go off of that, this is a list of things I believe people need to be more chill about - accepting, in other words.

10. Emotions

Both sexes experience emotions. Whether it's anger, depression, happiness, etc.

Don't make fun of someone because they actually have problems. Even if it is as minor as a cookie falling on the floor, sh*t happens and sometimes we just want to isolate ourselves from everything.

To go off of that, if someone is clearly upset you can do two things: ask them what's wrong (most would appreciate this) or keep on walking Janet.

9. Food

"How can someone be judged based on what they eat?" Although someone may truly think this is impossible, society tends to do this more often than you may think. So, before you tell that guy or girl that getting pineapple on their pizza is the worst thing on this planet, it's probably best to just shut the hell up before a parade of people take you down for disliking their toppings on food.

8. Sex

THIS. If I couldn't say it any louder for those in the back to hear: stop with the double-standards!! Guys are always expected to have a high count, whereas females who have a high count get labeled a slut. Get out. No. No one is able to slut-shame anyone because what someone does in the sheets is none of your business!

Not only is slut-shaming a product of double-standards, but why is it an issue of whether or not it's appropriate to masturbate?? I mean, guys generally do so, and aren't shamed for it. Why is it such a problem for a women to actually have an orgasm without needing to fake it?

7. Pornography

Oh my god. Coming to conservative little WashPa, I was baffled at how many women actually deny watching pornography. Clearly, there's something wrong here. Porn is not bad! I mean, it can be very misleading, (going 30 mph into her is not gonna make her reach the big "O," for example).

So, before you laugh at someone because one is into bbw or milfs/dilfs, sit down and think about where he or she is coming from and why.

6. Social Media

Because I've personally gotten hate for not having a Twitter or Instagram, or even Facebook for that matter, this should be addressed.

Understand that not everyone wants to put forth the effort to deal with people's drama and bullsh*t, especially when all you are doing is complaining about "how single you are" or even about "what you're gonna eat." However, I'm not shaming anyone for doing what they want during their free-time, do you boo boo. However, you should probably get back to that paper due tomorrow morning.

5. Clothes

(Double standard alert, yet again!) Of course, we have "gender-specific" clothing, but for some reason, we still can't accept that some women prefer loose-fitted clothes and some men prefer wearing dresses and skirts.

It's not just applicable to the LGBTQ+ community, but to men and women of the straight community as well! Women get shamed for wearing low cut tops, short skirts/shorts and even bathing suits. Listen. If men don't get frowned upon for wearing the same thing every day, or even when we can unnecessarily see your ass, then women shouldn't get sh*t for what they wear.

It's a way of life people, get over it.

4. Religion

It's quite ironic that an atheist is mentioning this topic because there is a clear separation of who is allowed to believe in what.

If the Buddhists want to meditate all day, or the Christians and Catholic prefer to preach and pray all day, or even the Muslims whom pray 2-5 times a day, just let them do what they believe their religion requires them to do! Don't be that a*shole who discourages someone to have a lack of faith, just because you don't have one.

3. Race/Ethnicity

I'm more than positive, we all are aware of the discrimination that still occurs today! Especially with Trump being president, discrimination is quite an understatement.

That being said, please understand that not everyone is a terrorist, an uneducated African America, or even a drug-lord Mexican. Whatever the skin color, accept people for who they are because there's a high chance that you two have more in common than you think.

2. Habits/Hobbies

What someone does in their free time, honestly should not concern anyone other than the person doing the action. If it's actually dangerous to you, (cooking meth, for example) then you probably have no business questioning why someone does something.

1. Learning

It's a strange thing to end with, but this is actually quite a common occurrence throughout someone's academic career. Many of us, especially being in college, understand their responsibilities (procrastination may take over) and the amount of time needed to actually finish a couple of things for homework.

Please don't laugh at that person who knows how to tend to plants or even knows tons of fun facts, or the most common one: "You're actually studying?" Let them do what they want.