10 Things To Do In Chicago This Summer

10 Things To Do In Chicago This Summer

You can only Netflix and chill for so long.

12
10 Things To Do In Chicago This Summer
Wikipedia

At college, there are things to do non-stop. Whether it's studying, going out, or binge-watching Netflix, it seems as if there's never a moment to spare. But when it comes to summer, my friends and I always find ourselves wondering what we did for fun when we were in high school. But I refuse to spend another night home on my couch re-watching "MasterChef," so here are some fun ideas to avoid boredom (and catch Pokemon!) in the city!

1. The Beach

Whether it's Oak Street or First Avenue, the beach is the most obvious choice! Is there anything better than relaxing in the sand or jumping in the lake? And getting tan is just a bonus.

2. The Indiana Dunes

OK, so the Dunes are also technically considered a beach, but these are much different. A lot less intoxicated teenagers and a lot more space to set out chairs and umbrellas. And you still get a tan!

3. Six Flags

Six Flags isn't exactly in the city, but it's literally close enough. With many, many rides, great food, and fun games, you'll have to keep going back to do everything they have to offer!

4. Outlet Malls

One of the pros of being such a big city is the large assortment of shopping malls, especially the outlet malls. Many of them have more shop choices, and even have higher-end shops that you can't find in regular malls.

5. Mini Golf

Whether you're going on a date or just hanging with friends, mini golfing is a great way to spend some time outside while participating in some friendly competition.

6. Batting Cages

Although you can go to the cages year round, everyone knows baseball is a summer thing. So go meet some cute baseball boys while getting exercise!

7. Baseball Games

Going off of baseball, one of the best (and worst) parts of being from Chicago is our baseball rivalry. Whether you're a Cubs or Sox fan, baseball games are always fun and have some pretty good food!

8. The Zoo

Another great thing about being in such a big city--double the zoos! There's the Brookfield Zoo or the *free* Lincoln Park Zoo. And let's be honest, you can't go wrong with either one.

9. The Movie Theater

There are so many great movies getting released this summer, and movie theaters are getting more and more comfy (reclining seats and food brought to your seat, anyone?), so why not make the best of a rainy day and catch a show?

10. Drive-Ins

Drive-ins have been taking movie theaters up a notch since the early 1900s. What could be better than sitting in the comfort of your own car cuddled up with all of your besties and your favorite blankets? Maybe that the snacks are free...