Things To Do When Feeling Down

10 Things to Do When You're Feeling Down

Feeling Down? Here are some things can help turn your mood around!

80
https://pixabay.com/en/dog-sad-waiting-floor-sad-dog-pet-2785074/

1. Jam Session

Shutterfly

Whenever I'm feeling down, one thing I do to lighten my mood is jam to my favorite artist (by far Post Malone). Whether it be aimlessly driving around town or with headphone in dancing around your room, music always has a way to turn any frown upside down. As long as you don't listen to songs like "All By Myself" by Celine Dion.

Link to jam session playlist:

https://8tracks.com/lindseyhugs/songs-to-dance-around-your-room-to

2. Adventures

Laura Austin

One of the best ways to boost your mood is by calling up your BFF and taking a spontaneous road trip. Not only does being with your Bestie beat the blues, but so does driving around the state, getting lost, and encountering a variety of different things along the way. One time my bestie and I took a spontaneous adventure and ended up on a beach at midnight. You never know where the adventure will lead you, but it will surely move your mood in a positive direction.

3. Take A Beach Day

"Got my toes in the water, toes in the sand, not a worry in the world a cold beer in my hand, life is good today, life is good today". I mean, the song says it all. It's not humanly possible to sad where relaxing on the sands of a beach. Grab some friends, family, etc. and hit the sands to take your minds off the stress of life. With your toes in the water and a cold beer in your hand, life cannot be anything but good.

Song: Toes by the Zac Brown Band

4. Netflix and Chillax

Stark Insider

Sometimes the best remedy when you're feeling in a funk is to just curl up in a blanket, grab some hot cocoa, and switch on some Netflix. Netflix can allow you take your mind off whatever it is that is bringing you down. Whether it be family conflicts, friends drama, or a fight with bae, a good Netflix show or movie can do the trick

Suggestions: The Office, Grey's Anatomy, Moana, Beauty and the Beast, Riverdale, American Horror Story.

5. Hit The Gym

Spaceonwhite.com

Being in a mood can be a result of drama or stresses of life. One way to decompress from the stress is to hit the gym. Whether you're dead lifting or taking it easy on the bike, getting your stress out through exercise has always made me feel better. So through on some cute gym clothes, grab your Swell bottle, and just sweat it out.

6. Shopping Spree

Home Finder

Ever hear the term, "Treat Yo Self"? Well, this phrase can go a long way when it comes to needing a boost. Head to the mall, try on glamorous clothes you won't ever buy, try on some you will, and cheer yourself up by buying new sunglasses or a new outfit.

7. Makeover

Makeup.com

Just because you're in a mood does mean you're ugly, that's not what I'm trying to say. Getting a new hairstyle or trying a winged eyeliner the first line can boost your confidence a bit and put you in a better mood. Even something as small as getting your nails done can boost your mood even the slightest. Whether it's a spa day or a quick haircut, taking care of yourself can lift your spirits.

8. Learn A New Hobby

File Army

Focusing on learning something new can take your mind off whatever is bringing you down. From learning the guitar to knitting, learning something new can take your mind and ease whatever you are going through. New hobbies can also be therapeutic, ones including painting, hiking, or even writing.

9. Color/Draw

Art Is Fun

Everyone though the world was crazy when the term "Adult Coloring Book" came out. Coloring books for adults? Coloring is for children! Then, I picked up a coloring book at Walmart and starting coloring and it turned out to be very relaxing and very therapeutic. So print out a page, pick up a coloring book, grab some markers or pencils, and let yourself relax and take your mind off the world around you.

10. Just Cry

Crying Statistics

While doing activities can help lift your spirits, sometimes the best thing you can do is let yourself feel whatever you're feeling. Curl up in bed, watch a movie, and let yourself get out the emotions you're feeling. While doing this long-term is not good, an hour or two could be just what you need to move past feeling down.