10 Things To Do By 25

10 Things To Do By 25

My "to do" list for the next three years

14
10 Things To Do By 25
Unsplash

This week I will be twenty-two (cue T-Swizzle) and I can't help but think of all the things I want but I haven't gotten yet. I started to sit down and really think of the things I want/have accomplished by twenty-five. I know, I know... it's only three years, but a lot can happen in three years; just think about everything that has happened since you were eighteen to when you were twenty-two.

Anyways, I wrote a list of all the things I want to do by the time I'm a quarter of a century old, and I decided to share that with the internet, that way it has to come true... "Everything on the internet is true," and I don't plan on being the one to ruin that. So here it is, my "to do" list for the next three years.

1. Graduate

For sure #1 thing I need to do. I might be a little behind, but an extra six months isn't that bad.

2. Travel

Yeah, that's pretty cliche, but I really feel like I need to travel after I graduate. One because I want to travel alone and I need a little break from school... *hint hint*

3. Get a Job

I have hopes for a job within the US Embassy. Travel and work combined? Plus all that cultural work experience... sign me up. TODAY. If not, I'll work in PR and who knows what I'll be doing then.

4. Get a House

Once I get a job, I want to buy a house. I want bedrooms (plural), a large kitchen with an island, a huge CLAWFOOT bathtub, and a backyard for my dogs.

5. Get a Great Dane

Once I have my huge house with my huge backyard, I'm getting Han and Aya a new brother. "Mr. Moo", a black and white Great Dane. I get excited just thinking about it.

6. Buy a New Car

By this time my car will be ready for an upgrade. I feel like buying a new car is a huge thing to do; you're going to have it for a while, you have to pay monthly on it, and you have to be really careful with it. Buying a new car and a house will make me feel real adult.

7. Go to New York

I really want to go to New York City around Christmas time, it's something I've always wanted to do and what better time then when you're young enough and can experience everything.

8. Be Able to Pay All My Bills

I want to live comfortably. I don't want to worry about how I'm going to pay my power bill or if my water will get cut off. I want to be able to know that I will always be fine.

9. Enjoy Running

I hear if you do it enough you'll start enjoying it, but I have yet to find that true. So I want to actually enjoy running. But I guess I'll have to start running to actually like it... Ha Ha.

10. Be Independent

I don't want to have to run to my dad every time I need money. There comes a time when a kid needs to grow up and start doing things on their own, and I think that time is after college and when you're working.