It's tough to find perfect tattoos with meaning.
You probably want something permanent on your body to mean something deeply, but how do you choose a tattoo that will still be significant in 5, 10, 15, or 50 years? Over time, tattoos have lost much of their stigma and many people consider them a form of art, but it's still possible to get a tattoo you regret.
So here are 20 tattoos you can't go wrong with. Each tattoo has its own unique meaning, but don't blame me if you still have to deal with questions that everyone with a tattoo is tired of hearing!
SEE RELATED: "Please Stop Asking What My Tattoos Mean"
1. A semicolon indicates a pause in a sentence but does not end. Sometimes it seems like you may have stopped, but you choose to continue on.
2. "A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor."
3. Top symbol: unclosed delta symbol which represents open to change. Bottom symbol: strategy.
4. "There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls."
5. Viking symbol meaning "create your own reality."
6. Greek symbol of Inguz: Where there's a will, there's a way.
7. Psalm 18:33 "He makes my feet like the feet of a deer; he causes me to stand on the heights."
8. 'Ohm' tattoo that represents 4 different states of consciousness and a world of illusion: waking (jagrat), dreaming (swapna), deep sleep (sushupti), transcendental state (turiya) and world of illusion (maya).
9. Alchemy: symbolizes copper, means love, balance, feminine beauty, and artistic creativity.
10. The Greek word “Meraki" means to do something with soul, passion, love, and creativity or to put yourself into whatever you do.
11. Malin (Skövde, Sweden) – you have to face setbacks to be able to go forward.
12. Symbol meaning "thief" from "The Hobbit." It was the rune Gandalf etched into Bilbo's door so the dwarves could find his house.
13. “Lux in tenebris" means “light in darkness."
14. Anchor Tattoo: symbolizing strength and stability, something (or someone) who holds you in place, and provides you the strength to hold on no matter how rough things get.
15."Ad Maiora" is translated literally as “Towards greater things." It is a formula of greeting used to wish more success in life, career or love.
16. A glyph means “explore." It was meant as a reminder for me to never stop exploring.
17. "Aut inveniam viam aut faciam," meaning roughly, "Either I shall find a way, or I will make one."
18. Lotus Flower. It grows in muddy water, and it is this environment that gives forth the flower's first and most literal meaning: rising and blooming above the murk to achieve enlightenment.
19. The zen (or ensō) circle to me represents enlightenment, the universe and the strength we all have inside of us.
20. Two meanings. The moon affirms life. It looks as if it is constantly changing. Can remind us of the inconsistency of life. It also symbolizes the continuous circular nature of time and even karma.
When you're redecorating your bedroom, you might not think to stop by Five Below, considering everything is $5 and under. But you would be amazed at what you can find in that store.
I went not to long ago to get those cube storage boxes, that go into the shelf, and I left with almost $200 worth of stuff. Now mind you, I've been to this store a million and one times and never have spent this much, but while I was there I figured I would get Easter basket things for my niece and then the idea to redecorate dorm rooms popped into my head as I was looking around. Because let’s be real we all could use a more modern dorm....even if you school just bought new furniture. So here’s 12 things you need to buy from Five Below to modernize your dorm.
1. Wall shelves
Use command strips to hang these up because you can’t drill into the walls at school!!
2. 3 clip photo frame
Okay so one isn't out of its package yet, but this is what Five Below's website showed for it.
3. A white fuzzy rug
4. Cordless hexagon cage lamp
5. Cute storage basket
6. Light up sign box
7. Letter board
8. An initial light
So this I've had for years but I'm 100% positive it came from Five Below.
9. 3 piece frame set
10. Salt rock lamp
Mines pretty big, but they have smaller ones.
12. A mini cactus
Or any plant really. They have basil, roses, daisy, strawberries, etc.