10 Things That Will Happen To Vegetarians This Thanksgiving

"What do you mean you aren't going to eat this turkey?"

12

People make the decision to stop eating meat for many different reasons: animal cruelty, health issues, weight loss, religion, etc. But regardless of their reasons, they will all inevitably be able to relate to these 10 things that will happen on Thanksgiving!

"I Know You Don't Eat Meat, But What About Chicken And Turkey?"

If you do eat chicken and turkey that's honestly fine, but you aren't calling yourself by the right name. A pescatarian is someone who will still eat fish, while someone who still eats chicken is called a pollotarian. People who just avoid red meat would most likely be called semi-vegetarian.

Side Dishes Are LIFE.

Who said side dishes weren't a meal. Sure, you will probably feel bad for loading your plate full of all the delicious dishes and not saving any sides for the carnivores, but its Thanksgiving! So load up on the green bean casserole, mashed potatoes, candied yams, cranberry sauce, and bread!

Your Mom Making It Known That You Are A Vegetarian

Before you even think about approaching the table, your mom loves to let everyone know you are a vegetarian, how long you've been a vegetarian, why you are a vegetarian, what you can eat because you are a vegetarian, and honestly, anything else about vegetarianism. Because you are a vegetarian, okay?

Dad Jokes About Vegetarianism

There is nothing dads like to do more than make horrible dad jokes and puns. So when is a better time to have a full audience for their stand-up comedy show than on Thanksgiving? Oh, you're telling the rabbit joke again, Dad.

When The Kids Eat All Of Your Food

The worst feeling is having the small children get first dibs on your vegetarian food just because its delicious. I know the starchy cheese is good, but it is all mine.

"But You Are Just Killing Plants."

No. Just no. I don't think I need to make a case for why plants feel no pain. It's like comparing an apple to a barbecued rib.

“How Are You Getting Any Protein Out Of That?”

Quinoa? (8.14 grams per serving) Lentils? (18 grams) Tempeh? (15 grams) Chickpeas? (15 grams) Greek yogurt? (20 grams) All these foods have a sufficient amount of protein. So to answer the question, yes.

"Just eat one bite. I won't tell anyone."

No, there is nothing appealing about that piece of turkey you are dangling in front of my face. And no, there is nothing about this holiday that is going to make me want to eat it.

BACON IN EVERYTHING.

Why do people think that bacon is a necessary part of any dish? Contrary to popular belief, macaroni and cheese, potato soup, mashed potatoes, and salad, do not have to include bacon to be a delicious meal.

“This Is Probably So Hard For You.”

Being vegetarian is my life choice and it's the easiest thing I do every day. It's okay to eat your meat in front of me, as long as it's okay for me to eat my vegetables in front of you.

No matter how many of these things happen to you this year, you can still cherish time with your loved ones and all the yummy food you will consume! Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!