10 Things That Perfectly Describe College Friendships

Why the bond between two tired teens is unbreakable.

18
Gabrielle Homberg

College is crazy. College is fun, but to the people who know me best throughout this hectic times, here are 10 things that I want to say.

1. Sorry about the lack of communication.

Honestly, this one is probably the most important because I love you guys, but I seriously have no time. And by no time I mean I either work or am at school. If I'm not doing either I'm probably napping instead of doing homework. Oops.

2. We made some pretty bad decisions, but they were good memories.

It's college, and we're all a little bad at making the best decisions, but I can say that staying up until 4 a.m. the day before an exam having a little too much fun is really bad. And by really bad I mean the exam was at 9 a.m. and I worked afterwards and no amount of coffee could save my soul. Don't do it. Ever.

3. Yes, I will get you coffee, but don't abuse my discount.

How many times did we make trips to Starbucks just to function? I mean, coffee is great, but I think I spent half of my lifesavings just to feed my Starbucks addiction with you. And I work there.

4. I really appreciate the whole "if you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours" philosophy we followed.

Oh, don't feel like going to biology today? No problem! Don't understand that Spanish or political mumbo jumbo? Girl, I got you. Once you get to college, you'll start to appreciate your friends more and more not only because they're probably just as sassy and funny as you, but because they actually help you.

5. We learned so much about each other that I think we know each other better than we know ourselves.

Let's just say that with late nights comes over-sharing. Yes, I know about how you couldn't breathe when you saw that kitten six years ago and that you're allergic to bath bombs. Yes, I can tell you about all of your exes and even what day of the week you usually wear what. It happens. Get over it.

6. We have some of the best style around.

We all had our days when we just showed up to school and didn't care. Maybe slept in too long after a late night or just didn't care because we didn't study, but dang our style was great. Thanks for helping me achieve my optimum cuteness level.

7. A bond formed over mutual distaste for someone is the strongest around.

All of the gossiping that was had over roommates, gross guys, and crazy professors really was the icing on the cake for the unbreakable love we share.

8. Guys were second nature. So was our advice.

Both of us have had our fair share of heartbreaks last year, and we definitely weren't strangers to creepy guys trying to Netflix and chill. Even though some of the advice we gave was unorthodox, the one giving it was always right. And it usually turned us super narcissistic for a while, kind of like this gif below.

9. If there was a day that we didn't hike or hammock, then one of us was dying.

You know, we definitely take advantage of the fact that we go to school in the Upper Peninsula. Our spontaneous hikes down waterfalls, up mountains, and around weird lakes in the middle of the night just proved our trust. Sorry about always yelling bear when we were alone together in the woods at night. But I'm not that sorry, it was pretty funny.

10. Honestly, I love you. We're basically each other in a different gender.

Thanks for putting up with all of my sassy remarks, cold shoulders, and emotional breakdowns. It's only been freshman year, so you'll have to put up with me for the next few years, but I'll pay you back in coffee? Also, good luck, Sarah! Proud of you for going into the military!