10 Things That Happen When You're On A Book Buying Ban

The worst decision of a book lover's life.
69

Every book lover has had to go on some kind of ban at least once in their lives. Whether it be because you've reached your limit on your credit card, your TBR (or To Be Read) pile is getting out of control, or simply because you don't have any more space on your bookshelf, these things have definitely happened.

1. Your favorite author just released a new book.

What!?! There's a new Sarah Dessen book? How can I NOT?

2. Your bookstore has a really good sale.

They just finished stocking the $5 table? Here I come...

3. You discover a website like Bookoutlet.

All books are 50-90% off!?!?

4. Your family brings you to Barnes and Noble.

I'll feel bad if I don't buy SOMETHING.

5. Amazon has a really good deal that week.

That new series I wanted to read is 20% off, and I get two day free shipping!?! Add to cart.

6. You happen to find a rummage sale with a killer book section.

I have to support the hometown!

7. Something horrible happens, and you need retail therapy to fix it.

Maybe I'll just buy one...that's it.

8. You walk into a book store planning on just getting one book.

Okay, I just have to get one thing for my class next semester....ooh the $5 table was restocked!

9. Someone gets you a gift card.

WOW! $25 I can spend on books!!!

10. And finally, you simply have no self control.

No...I need all of these...all 5 books are coming home with me.

So whether your book buying ban has lasted two months or two days, there's no need to fear. You're not alone, fellow book lover! Read on!