When you are first in a relationship a lot of things happen. Personally, I used to worry about how I looked, smelled, acted etc. Everything had to be absolutely perfect or I feared that my man might go running for the hills. But when years started to pass, I started worrying about less and less. Here’s what happens when you’re in a long-term relationship with your best friend.
1) If I can’t show up in sweats and a t-shirt, I’m not going.
I know, I know. I need to look decent when I go out with my man. But it’s been a long day, and let’s be honest, who am I trying to impress?
2) Sometimes you forget that he’s not just one of the girls.
“Hey, can I borrow your hairbrush? You don’t have a hairbrush….”
3) He becomes confused when you’re actually wearing makeup.
After a while, wearing makeup just isn’t a priority anymore.
4) “You’ve got a booger in your nose.”
I used to be horrified to tell someone they had a booger in their nose. Or even worse, for someone to tell me I had a booger in MY nose.
5) They are your go to for EVERYTHING.
Even though bae may get annoyed with my constant complaining, running to him always makes everything worlds better.
6) You both can talk about the dumbest things for hours and never get bored.
“We have been talking about potential future pets for an hour now.”
7) You have the grossest habits but they don’t care. And neither do you.
The ritual “Ew” becomes slightly amusing instead of hurting your feelings.
8) Got gas?
Sorry bud, you signed up for this.
9) Hearing their voice makes your life a thousand times better.
Feeling sad? Have no fear, bae is here.
10) They will support you and be proud of you no matter what.
Even if you just committed the dumbest crime, they will be standing behind you screaming, “THAT’S MY BEST FRIEND!!!"