10 Things To Thank Your Boyfriend's Mom For As Told By Kitty Forman

Advice from that 70s mom.

4675
Tumblr

Your boyfriend's mother is an absolute blessing.

She is the person who raised the person you're in love with. She becomes a part of your family, and every day life. She goes out of her way to help you both and is always supportive of you and your relationship together. Sometimes, life gets so busy and we don't always take the time to express our appreciation. Girlfriends everywhere need to stop what you're doing, and thank your boyfriend's mom for all that she does.

Here are the things you need to thank your boyfriend's mom for (with help That 70s Show's Kitty Forman):

1. For accepting you into her family.

Meeting your boyfriend's family can be nerve racking at first. You want them to like you and approve of you. Thank her for welcoming you into her son's life and their family with open arms. Thank her for making you feel accepted and at home.

2. For all of the dinners she has made you.

Thank her for every family dinner she has invited you to or let you be a part of. Thank her for always offering you food and making sure you have meal even when she didn't know you would be joining them.

3. For always being there to talk and offer great advice.

Thank her for all of the great, heartfelt advice she has given you. She knows your boyfriend better than anyone in the world. She always knows what to say, and is always understanding. She is so helpful and gives the best advice on relationships, life, and anything else you throw her way. She'll inspire you and make you a better person, thank her for that.

4. For sharing childhood stories of your loved one with you.

Thank her for all of the stories she tells you. She'll take the time to share hilarious childhood memories of your boyfriend with you, and for that you need to be appreciative. Not only can you joke with your boyfriend about all of the embarrassing pictures or stories she shares with you, but you get to learn about how she raised the person you're in love with today. How special is that?

5. For loving you like her own.

She doesn't have to treat you like one of her own kids. She could just view you as her son's girlfriend, and choose to leave it at that. Instead, she chose to take you in and consider you family. She loves you like her own children, and you need to thank her for that.

6. For supporting you and your relationship with her son.

Not only does she support you as a couple, but she supports you outside of your relationship too. She wants the best for you, and cares about your every day life. Having her blessing with her son means the world. I'm sure it isn't easy to trust someone with your child's heart. Thank her for her trust in you, and thank her for caring about you as a person in addition to your role as her son's girlfriend.

7. For being a voice of reason.

She is there to guide her son through life obstacles, and is now there to help guide you both as a couple. She speaks the truth, and is always there to offer honest opinions and guidance. She'll give you guys a different perspective on life situations, and you need to value everything she tells you. Thank her for always knowing what to say.

8. For raising your best friend.

She is responsible for raising the man you are in love with. She made him into a person who makes you laugh, who treats you well, and brings so much joy into your life. Above all else, you need to thank the incredible woman who made your boyfriend the man he is today. By falling in love with him, you fell in love with the qualities she worked so hard to instill in him throughout his entire life. Keep that in mind, and thank her for raising your best friend.

9. For taking the time to bond with you.

She has taken the time to get to know you. Thank her for all of the quality time you have spent together, and for wanting to hear about your life. Be thankful for all of the talks you guys have had, for her kind texts, and for the little things she does for you to show you that she cares. Let her know that you value the time spent bonding with her.

10. For helping your boyfriend through situations and to understand you better

Guy will be guys. They aren't always the best with words, and girls aren't exactly easy to understand. We have high expectations and we aren't always clear with what we want or how we feel. Your boyfriend's mom is there to help him decode your feelings and heart in certain situations. She's also there to talk him through his own thoughts. She offers great advice to him when he needs it most. Thank her for giving him a woman's perspective and for guiding him through the confusing female mind.

Your boyfriend's mom is a blessing. Thank her for all that she does for you and your boyfriend, and for being such an amazing presence in your life.