10 Things Spongebob Taught Me

10 Things Spongebob Taught Me

Why everyone should watch Spongebob Squarepants

355
10 Things Spongebob Taught Me
Wikipedia

Growing up I would watch episodes of Spongebob sporadically. I always thought it was some silly show meant to entertain kids. But looking back at a few episodes I began to really think about what is going on and each of the characters. I began to see underlying messages. Perhaps the writers meant for these to be acknowledged, perhaps they didn't. I would like to think they did. So here are a few of the many things Spongebob Squarepants has taught me.

1. Be excited for daily tasks

It's an iconic and easily recognizable scene. Spongebob is running down the road, yelling "I'm ready, I'm ready!" Everyday he is excited to go to work, and is looking forward to what the day will bring him.

2. You only need one best friend

Spongebob had many friends, but it is undeniable that he only had one best friend and that was Patrick Star. They were able to rely on each other entirely, and were always there for one another, without fail.

3. Always see the good in people

Patrick and Spongebob surely annoyed Squidward. But despite Squidward's best efforts to drive the duo away, he never succeeded. The duo always saw too much good in Squidward to give up.

4. Always give 100 percent

Whether it was flipping krabby patties or in the middle of his latest adventure, Spongebob always put 100 percent in what he did, and made it the best he possibly could.

5. Never give up

Spongebob has failed his boating license test time after time. But that does not stop him from sitting in the front row of Ms. Puff's boating class determined to one day be licensed.

6. You don’t have to be the best at everything

Spongebob has received many awards for various things throughout his life, but Patrick has not. But he does not let that stop him from always being who he is and trying his best. He isn't the best at everything, but he is the best at being Patrick.

7. Don’t be afraid to venture on your own

Sandy Cheeks left Texas to venture the deep blue Bikini Bottom. Fearless and determined, she created a new life and built a new home. She would have never known the life she lives if she did not take the risk.

8. Imagination is key

Spongebob and Patrick are always admist a grand adventure. They can take a cardboard box and turn it into a time machine or a rocket ship. They can take a chip, tissue and penny and create a family. They imagine the life they want to live and they pursue it.

9. Love those who may be against you

Despite how many times Plankton tried to steal the secret formula, Spongebob always trusted him and believed that he could do good things. Even Mr. Krabs, Plankton's arch enemy, saw the potential good in his enemy.

10. Always Be Yourself

No matter what people said and the jokes others made, he was always himself. He never swayed from what he thought was best and always was himself in all forms.