Not everyone gets it. There are certain things about Greek life that are hard to explain. Here are the most commonly misunderstand phenoms.
1. Greek Week. It's perfectly normal to support your big while she gulps down a plate of nachos in the spirit of competition or teach a group of frat boys how to dance to Beyoncé.
2. Big/little love. Crafting, family photos and matching shirts. It’s not a friendship; it’s an obsession.
3. Throwing what you know. Whether you’re at the beach, a philanthropy event or a Frat house, you better claim that territory!
4. Dues. Paying for friends? Definitely not. I’m pretty sure I’m not.
5. Themed mixers. My closet looks like an eight year-old girl’s toy box and I wear everything in it.
6. Rush. Try to convince 100 different girls that you’re an awesome and unique person while making a long-lasting impression. You have three minutes… go!
7. Pledging. My boyfriend can’t hangout today. He has to clean red solo cups and puke off the floor of his fraternity. No, none of it is his.
8. Fanny packs. Wait, didn’t these go out of style 25 years ago? It has my letters on it, though, and that makes it cute.
9. Chapter. A meeting that only my sorority sisters can attend, but we break out the pearls and tasteful heels.
10. The sorority squat. There is nobody behind us in this picture, but the squat is still necessary.