10 Things Every Single Girl Needs To Do

10 Things Every Single Girl Needs To Do

Stop waiting for love and start living.

159
10 Things Every Single Girl Needs To Do
breakupcandy

I have come to adjust to my single lifestyle and I think everyone who is single should. It's time to start taking advantage of it. Instead of sitting in your room alone, make new friends. Take a step out of your comfort bubble. Start going out and doing things most nights. Have a really good time without worrying about getting in touch with a guy. I realized that when I was in a relationship, I never had all this time to devote to just myself and all my friends so if you are in this same boat, take full advantage of it.

I like to hope that one day I will look back on these single years with a smile. I have so many experiences (from bad to good) where I learned so much. I have built incredible bonds with new and old friends, and I have really pushed myself to become a better person during this time. I hear a lot of girls complaining about being single and not having a boyfriend. I know it sounds patronizing to say, "Enjoy it!” but I don’t mean it that way. I honestly want you single girls to enjoy this alone time! Understand that once you enter a relationship, things will be different. You won’t have as much time for yourself or your friends. You won’t be able to do some of the things below. So why not enjoy them now? Here are 10 things every single girl out there should do before she finds a real relationship.

1. Do all the flirting.

Flirting is fun! Unfortunately, it's something that you have to stop doing so much when you start dating someone. But when you're single, you can flirt with whoever you want, so take advantage of that. Flirting doesn't always have to have an end game. In other words, you don't need to hook up with or try to date every person you flirt with. You can just do it to play around and have a good time.

2. Spend as much time with your friends as possible.

When you enter a new relationship, it's inevitable that you may lose some friends, or at least not have as much time for them anymore. So when you're single, make your girl friends the most important people in your life. Hang out with them all the time, talk to them about stuff, give them advice... do whatever you'd like. The bond you'll develop with your friends will make you wonder who really needs relationships anyway.

3. Say 'no' sometimes.

Sometimes when you're single, people make you feel like you should be grateful for any male attention that you get. They make you feel like you should say yes to every single date, and every single potential relationship opportunity. That's bulllsh*t. You can say no whenever you want. You do NOT have to go on a date with someone you're not interested in just because you're single. That's ridiculous! Learn how to say no, and don't feel like you need to lower your standards.

4. Save money.

Being in a relationship usually means spending a little more money, whether that's because of your turns paying for date night or the gifts you have to buy him/her for anniversaries, birthdays, and holidays. Use this time to save your money for future nights and late night ice cream trips when you're totally cramping and need chocolate ASAP.

5. Binge watch every Netflix show you've ever wanted to start.

Being in a relationship takes up a lot of time... time that could be devoted to binge watching crappy reality shows while eating popcorn. I have so much time to watch all kinds of TV series' on my own, which sounds pathetic but its actually one of my favorite hobbies. I can guarantee no boyfriend wants to watch any of you girl's guilty pleasure, like Grey's Anatomy or Gossip Girl. So enjoy watching your fave shows before you get a boy toy that does nothing but complain through them.

6. Relax!

Generally, you have a lot more alone time when you're single. Don't do what I did in the beginning, which was to mope around and feel sorry for myself. Instead, spend time relaxing or doing your hobbies. Go on a long run, read an inspiring book, take some naps, start a blog... whatever you want, do it. You might not have time for these things later in life.

7. Go do something fun, on your own.

The key words here are , ON YOUR OWN. Learn to be happy and comfortable with alone time. If you're over 18, consider traveling somewhere. As a student, you can look into study abroad programs, which can be as long as a full year or as short as just one month. It's a really amazing way to meet new people and see new things. You don't have to worry about having anyone to answer to or miss. You can just enjoy yourself!

8. Make the first move.

Is making the first move easy? No, not unless you're super confident. Should you do it? Yup. It could lead to something, it could lead to nothing. Whatever! It's a great way to boost your confidence and become more independent.

9. Be selfish.

Relationships are about compromises and sacrifices. Basically, you can't be selfish when you're seriously dating someone. But you CAN be selfish when you're single. Do whatever you want! You have no one to explain things to. You don't have to worry about what anyone else thinks. You don't need to consider someone else's feelings. It's nice.

10. Stop feeling ashamed of being single.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: there is absolutely nothing wrong with being single. You may feel like you need a boyfriend because all your friends do and you may feel like you're missing out but that by far is not true at all. Don't let anyone make you feel like there's something wrong with you, which some people will do. Relationships should never make or break your happiness. Enjoy this time with yourself!