10 Taylor Swift Lyrics That Remind Us Girl Power Is Still Alive

More power to my beautiful women.

4143
NBC News

Who better to motivate our inner girl power than Taylor Swift? Her songs resonate with women all around the world as she motivates us to be the best that we can be. Check out these lyrics that show us just how talented she truly is.

“But I took your matches before fire could catch me, so don’t look now. I’m shining like fireworks over your sad, empty town.”- Dear John

In traditional Taylor Swift fashion, this breakup song shows how powerful a single woman can be. Don’t let that break up get you down. You live and you learn, girl.

“Rain came pouring down, when I was drowning that’s when I could finally breathe. And that morning, gone was any trace of you, I think I am finally clean.”- Clean

Sometimes it’s better to let go of the things that keep dragging you down. Taylor tells us just how much better you’ll feel when you start focusing your energy on you.

“And you got your share of secrets and I’m tired of being the last to know, and now you’re asking me to listen cause it's worked each time before. But you don’t have to call me anymore. I won’t pick up the phone. This is the last straw, don’t want to hurt anymore.”- You’re Not Sorry

Here she motivates us to let go of that guy we keep going back to no matter how bad he might be for us. Let the past live in the past. If Taylor has survived all these break-ups, you’ll get through this one.

“People like you always want back the love they pushed aside. But people like me are gone forever when you say goodbye.”- All You Had to Do Was Stay

Don’t let anyone see you as someone they can use at their own will. If you aren’t someone’s first priority, don’t make them yours.

“Got a long list of ex-lovers, they’ll tell you I’m insane, but I’ve got a blank space baby and I’ll write your name.”- Black Space

Be comfortable in your own skin and proud of who you are. It doesn’t matter who was a part of your life in the past, it’s who you’re with now that really matters.

“Let them say what they want, we won’t hear it.”- I Know Places

Actions speak louder than words, my friend. Don’t let haters bring you down because you’re always the bigger person.

“Some day when you leave me I bet these memories hunt you around.”- Wildest Dreams

A loss of a past friend might actually turn into a gain. You can move on to bigger and better things while they spend time worrying about what they did wrong to lose your friendship.

“Now did you think it all through, all these things will catch up to you, and time can heal but this won’t. So if you’re coming my way, just don’t.”- Bad Blood

Back to the whole idea of not taking back the guy that misused you. You deserve much better than being a second choice.

“'Cause the players gonna play, play, play, play, play / And the haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate / Baby, I'm just gonna shake, shake, shake, shake, shake / I shake it off, I shake it off.”- Shake it Off

My anthem! People are going to talk, but how you react to what they say is what truly matters. Don’t let haters bring you down because the only opinions that matter about you are the people that think highly of you.

“We’re happy, free, confused, and lonely at the same time. It’s miserable and magical oh yeah, tonight’s the night we forget about the deadlines, it’s time.”- 22

Sometimes you just need to let go of your responsibilities for a night and focus on you. Pamper yourself because you deserve to be a princess.

Make these songs a playlist and jam out to them anytime you need a reminder that you are a strong, independent woman!