10 Steps to Dealing with Brock Turner's Release

The healthiest way to handle outrage over this injustice.

22
East Bay Express

Most people who know the story are not happy about Brock Turner being released after serving only three months for the crime of rape. I say most people because I would imagine Brock, his Dad, and all those people who get high off ranting about social injustices online are pretty okay with the whole situation. Oh and news outlets, I mean usually you don't get this much mileage out of a rapist unless they had a hit TV show for a while. However, if you aren't one of the above people, you're justifiably pretty outraged about the whole thing. Unfortunately, the criminal justice system makes mistakes, and a lot of times we have to find a way to deal with the anger slowly building inside of us. Lucky for you, I found some good sources that explain exactly what to do when you have a hard time getting over your outrage at our failing institutions.

1. Get Angry.

Now, when I say get angry, I don't mean the explosive kind of angry release where you yell and hit things. I mean get really really angry, deep down inside. The kind of long lasting anger that can be channeled into productivity. We'll get to what productive things you can do with this anger next, but first just let it seethe a bit. Focus on nothing else all day every day. Think about the way our country repeatedly fails to do the right thing in terms of criminal justice and let it eat away at your insides.

2. Channel Anger into Exercise.

Good things can come from bad places, just look at the Cheesy Core Burrito from Taco Bell. Or rather don't look at it, because now it's time to turn into a lean mean exercising machine. You have to expend your anger somehow so the best way to do it is through rigorous work outs. I suggest two to four hours a day six days a week using Wednesday as an off day. Wednesday is the day you will run 20 miles, which is what makes it an off day. I know this seems like a lot, but trust me, the only cure to the anger you feel is sculpting your body to be in peak physical condition.

3. Learn Martial Arts.

At this point your body is pure perfection, and I don't mean "we're all perfect" perfection, I mean you can bend a metal pipe with your bare hands kind of perfection. But you're still angry, even though you spent a good chunk of the day bending metal pipes with the words "Brock Turner" written on them. This is when you should start training in martial arts. Learn a variety of different styles and forms to become a versatile human weapon. This is all very therapeutic of course.

4. Develop Detective Skills.

Now is the time to turn yourself into a detective. You've exercised your body as far as it will go, but you need to train your mind. Most detectives start their careers as police officers, and all it usually takes to become a police officer is a high school diploma or a GED. Now I'm not saying it's easy, I'm just saying you could probably do it. Why detective skills you ask? Easy, it's highly unlikely that rape is the only illegal thing Brock ever did, and now that he's basically gotten away with it, who knows what he'll do next. If you can find something on him to put him away longer it may satisfy the burning rage inside of you.

5. Find Brock Turner's Home.

Here's some people protesting outside of Brock Turner's home. An here's an article about them. Also Brock Turner lives in Ohio. He's been registered as a sex offender as well. Using your new detective skills, you should be able to determine where Brock lives with at least some degree of certainty. Of course he also swam in High School, so there's probably another option of where to find him, since my high school swimming records are online and I was never as good as he was. What I'm trying to say is it won't be that hard to figure out.

6. Develop a New Identity to Inspire Fear.

Sketch out a costume you want to wear when you finally confront Brock Turner. It should be something that will inspire fear in him, a fear that will stop him from ever doing anything bad again. It is best if your costume reflects the dark twisted nature your anger has created inside of you. Something nocturnal, like an owl but scarier. Part animal, part Victorian horror symbol. Work within those boundaries and I'm sure inspiration will strike and you will come up with a good identity.

7. Buy Special Gadgets Online.

Now I admit, I should've been up front with you that your therapy/crusade would cost some money, but come on, what doesn't cost money? This part will be a bit easier if you happen to have been born to billionaire parents who died and left you a massive fortune. If not you can just start a GoFundMe. I'd give a couple pay checks to someone's GoFundMe with a goal of becoming a vigilante with cool gadgets. I'd probably donate however much the "become my young sidekick" incentive level cost. I know I'd look good in red and green tights. The most important gadget you should buy for this mission is the grapple gun, but a few blunt metal objects you could throw at Brock wouldn't hurt either. That way you could knock him out from a distance.

8. Follow Brock Turner Silently in Your Full Costume.

Your training and preparation is finally complete, it is time to carry our your mission and finally get over the injustice of Brock Turner's release. This is when you follow Brock around without his knowledge. Watching. Waiting. Waiting for the perfect opportunity to strike.

9. Apprehend Brock.

It's time to take in Brock for whatever other crime you found that he did. Whether it's pirating music or possession of marijuana you're bringing him in on anything. Don't be gentle about it either. Give him a good display of your martial arts skills, then use your fancy new grapple gun to string him up by his feet outside the local police station. Staple a manila folder to his chest with the word "Rapist" written on it. Inside should contain the evidence of whatever other crime(s) you discovered him committing.

10. Never Stop.

You finally captured Brock Turner and brought him to justice, you should feel less angry right? Wrong. There's a million Brock Turners out there, some who never even spent as much as three months in jail. It's your mission to find them and make them pay for what they did. You realize now the anger will never stop, the drive will never go away. You are Darkness, you are the Night, you are Batman/woman/non-gendered person.

Bonus Step: Find Like Minded Individuals

You'll come to realize that you're not the only one who wants to dedicate your life to fighting injustice. Maybe you'll meet an undocumented immigrant who wishes to fight for truth and justice. The world today is full of awful things, mass shootings, police brutality, the music of Limp Bizkit, but if you put on a costume and start punching the people causing all of it in the face, who knows maybe things will get better. Or at least more interesting.