10 Stages Of The Designated Driver

10 Stages Of The Designated Driver

DD to the rescue!

6
10 Stages Of The Designated Driver
Google Images

We have all been the designated driver at some point, and if you haven't, your time is coming soon. You like having fun with your friends, but I hope you like having your friends alive -- so every once in awhile, you agree to take the keys and drink water all night.

1. Your friends approach you one evening and ask if you'd mind driving them around town as they bar hop. I mean, you would like to have a drink with them, but if it means they will have fun and you can keep them safe, then why not? Might as well tag along!

2. The drive to bar #1 is eventful. Music is blasting in the car, and you're trying to keep your mind off the lyrics and on finding the right street.

3. Looking for parking with anxious friends is kind of the worst. But you do your best and try to find a parking lot as close to the bar as possible -- it'll be much easier to get everyone to the car that way.

4. The bouncers checks IDs, and you're officially on duty.

5. The first shots of the night are tossed back, and you have a sudden realization that you're going to be in this crowded bar for a very. long. time.

6. A few more shots send your friends on to the dance floor...as you sit at the small table, guarding their coats and phones, watching from afar to make sure creeps stay far away.

7. The music is so loud, but it eventually becomes background noise as you try not to fall asleep at the table.

8. Your friends stumble back to the table with more shots...and you're slightly concerned about your friends' livers.

9. You've had enough, and you know they have too. You distribute coats, you line them up in a row, and just like that, you're out the door -- ignoring the sad faces of your friends.

10. Somehow you manage to get them all to their rooms, in bed, and sleeping without any accidents. You put bottles of water on their nightstands and trash can for late night emergencies. And after a long night, you crawl into your own bed, happy to still have your friends around and to have been the one who kept them safe.