10 songs sung in cartoons

10 songs sung in cartoons

From Nickelodeon to Disney Chanel to Family Guy to South park; one thing in common is MUSIC!

836
10 songs sung in cartoons

Well my page won't be all bands/artists that make good music. Sometimes with cartoons have really catchy and memorable songs as well. The cartoons spread from Nickelodeon to Disney Channel to Cartoon Network and all the way to Comedy Central. Here is 10 songs that were sung in cartoon shows from kid-friendly to adult rated cartoons.

10. Icky Vicky from The Fairly OddParents

If you do not know this song then you did not have a childhood. Back when The Fairly OddParents was good, the show decided to release their first musical number in terms of Vicky's boy crush Chip Skylark. The song that Chip sang was titled Icky Vicky, the song talked about how icky mean old Vicky was. This song was made when Chip had the most unfortunate non-lethal accident caused by Timmy, thanks Cosmo and Wanda. Which made Vicky decide to chain up Chip to Timmy's bed so Vicky could have him forever. So when Timmy released Chip, he decided to make to song Icky Vicky which explained every bad part about how Vicky is and how icky she was because she was so sicky. On a childhood scale from 1 to 10, I would give this a 9.0 even though I do not like Pop music, this song was something I always remembered for a long time and which this generation of kids should know this song but they sadly won't.

9. The Campfire Song from Spongebob Squarepants

Let's sing our C-A-M-P-F-I-R-E song, from the camping episode of Spongebob, comes Spongebob's singing version of a campfire song. Like literally that's the title of the song The Campfire Song, the song has the best acoustic guitar play from Spongebob and slowly begins to go to a rock song towards the end of the song. Strangely enough, the verses of the song is catchy especially Squidward's part when he says absolutely nothing and Spongebob is like good. Whoever thought something would be catchy enough to remember the lyrics even Patrick's verse, when he starts singing the song and picks up the speed to cause a normal human being to have a tongue twister. The childhood scale from 1 to 10, I would give the song a 6.0 because I love the song do not get me wrong, but Squidward you downer of a person not singing you are no fun. But I am kidding the song actually gets a 9.1, just a eighth of the point down from 10 because of Squidward for well being Squidward.

8. Rollercoaster the Musical from Phineas and Ferb

Well I did say from a cartoon, but not a entire episode. The episode was a re-released episode from Phineas and Ferb's first ever episode titled Rollercoaster, as the episode relived the same plot as the series opener plot. The boys build a rollercoaster but instead of a quick time-lapse, came a subsequent time-lapse musical number. The boys, Candice, Dr. Doofeninshmirtz and the gang broke out in songs in the timely musical cadence of approximately 5 minutes or so. The episode ended with a really big musical number with everyone from the show, but had a guest appearance of Kenny Ortega (choreographer of High School Musical 1, 2 & 3), teaching the cast how to pull the final dance number perfectly. On the scale from 1 to 10, I would give this a 7.9 because the episode seemed a little outdated to begin a new season with the same episode of the series beginning as this was the slow and painfully to watch downfall of the TV show. But the episode did channel Ashley Tisdale, Mitchel Musso, and Alyson Stone musical talents with their own singing moments in the episode.

7. A Bag of Weed from Family Guy

Did I forget to mention that the list includes cartoon shows for teenagers and adults? Well I do so the first entry of the adult category comes from Family Guy. From the episode 420, comes Seth McFarland kicking in his musical talents for Brian and Stewie to legalize weed in Quahog after Brian was arrested for some weed. The song has the beginning being boring because Brian was trying to make a speech, but thank god Stewie came and jazzed up the speech into a catchy song from the beats in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, which brings everyone o pure joy to listen to the song. The song mentioned about people do not have to do speed or meth as long as everyone had a bag of weed. The song was a success and weed was legalized in Quahog for about a week or so until Brian fell from pressure from Carter (Louise's father) about Brian's book Faster then the Speed of Love. On the adult-childhood scale from 1 to 10, the song gets a 10 because the song is very catchy and the involvement and the jokes mentioned in the song made everything more perfect. The last song sucked because Brian got weed illegal again idiot. But the song A Bag of Weed was a great all around song that can be remembered by anyone who watches Family Guy all the time like me.

6. Uncle Fucka from South Park

Remember the 1999 South Park movie that involved songs as a musical-comedy type movie. Well this is where this song comes from as the song is sung by Canadian comedic duo Terrance & Phillip. Out of the 1:06 time stamp from the album, the song is ridiculously hilarious as this song began the plot of the movie that slowly makes South Park, Colorado into a war zone with the Canadians. The song drops more f-bombs than Fred Durst did in his song Hot Dog. The song is a nice, short, and funny song to laugh at all the time despite your age. (Disclaimer, if you are not 16 or 17 years of age DO NOT listen to this song until you are mature enough). So on the adult-childhood scale from 1 to 10, the song gets a 7 because the song is really short but hilarious enough where Trey Parker and Matt Stone can be funny to let that many f-bombs drop and which the song began World War 3 between U.S.A and Canada, Thanks Kyle's mom you big fat fucking bitch.

5. Gitchee Gitchee Goo from Phineas and Ferb

Back to some kid shows now after a back to back adult shows making the list. Once again, we travel to Phineas and Ferb with their smash hit Gitchee Gitchhe Goo, the song came from when the boys asked their mom about what was a one hit wonder. So the boys with the help of Isabella and her troop to produce this song that became a one hit wonder.The songs actual full name is Gitchee Gitchee Goo (means I love you), which the boys made the song a catchy, upbeat love song for words that couples say to mean that they love each other. For the only performance, the audience sees is when the boys and their sister Candice sings the song which was the first/last live performance of Phineas and the Ferbtones as the band broke up right after the performance of the song. On the scale from 1 to 10, this one hit wonder gets a 10 because the song is a well played out pop song that actually had a adoring fan base of real people and fake people singing the song including Dr. Doofenshmirtz ironically. Also, the song is short and catchy enough to get the song stuck in your head and then the only way to get it out is to sing the song.

4. The F.U.N. Song from Spongebob Squarepants

F is for friends who do stuff together, U is for you and me, N is for anywhere and anytime at all, here in the deep blue sea. Well from the Spongebob episode FUN comes the Spongebob and Plankton duet, The F.U.N. Song. Guess the song is to try to make Plankton more likable and lovable like Spongebob. Well that's the plot of the episode is for Plankton to fake his niceness in order to get the Krabby Patty secret formula from Spongebob. So Spongebob began to sing this ucalaly song of F.U.N. to show the meaning of fun to Spongebob. Until Plankton takes the song into a different turn until Spongebob teaches Plankton how to actually sing the song correctly. Well for the 1:45 second song, the song brings joy and happy feelings throughout it all, thanks Spongebob. On the scale from 1 to 10, the song easily gets a 9 because well the song is joyful and what not, I know but what makes the song great is when Plankton interprets F.U.N. into a destruction type style about F is for Fire, U is for Uranium, boom, N is for No survivors. Well Plankton makes the song that much better to enjoy and get stuck in our nostalgic memories of our brains.

3. Freaking FCC from Family Guy

Breaking the top 3 on this list is the Freaking FCC literally. The name of the song is Freaking FCC from the PTV episode of Family Guy. Seth McFarland comes back on the attack as he lists everything wrong with FCC as the FCC has taken away his public access television channel. Peter, Brian, and Stewie (all voiced by Seth McFarland) sings about the worse things that the FCC does like censor language and censors all nudity from television. The song is very catchy, but trying to sing the lyrics is kind of a challenge as Seth McFarland goes a bit fast but the comedy never stops throughout the song. For example, when you want to do that special someone with your ding-a-ling because you can't say penis. So comedy never dies in a song that Seth McFarland likes to do in every Family Guy episode. On the scale from 1 to 10, the song gets a 8 because the song is good overall but the lyrical meaning is hard to understand because some of the verses are sung at a fast speed. But overall the song is the best song from Season 4 out of all of the other songs in Season 4.

2. Kyle's Mom's a Bitch from South Park

Time to jump back to South Park as the song comes from the same movie as well. This song occurs later in the movie after Kyle's mom declares war on Canada for naughty language. So with Eric's young fragile mind, he decides to sing how Kyle's mom is a bitch. Whoops, don't know if I'm allowed to curse, well.... fuck it right? I might need a V-chip not Cartman, but Cartman decides to sing everything bad about Kyle's mom despite Kyle telling Cartman to shut up. Cartman goes as far as singing the song in different languages from France to Holland to South Africa. This led up to a big musical note ending with Cartman kicking like the Rocketts until Kyle's mom shows up at the end of the song. The scale has come out and has decided that the song gets a 10 because the song is ridiculously funny as this song talks about what almost every best friend thinks about the other's own mother. Cartman is talented enough to make a song that is very catchy and can make anyone of the appropriate age to remember the song and re-watch the movie over and over again.

1. My Shiny Teeth and Me from The Fairly OddParents

Number 1 is maybe the most memorable song from The Fairly OddParents, it is My Shiny Teeth and Me. The song came from the teeth episode when Chip Skylark lost all of his teeth (well his teeth got stolen) and could not sing anymore. With the help from Timmy, Cosmo, and Wanda, and a assist from the Tooth fairy. Chip was able to get his teeth back and regained his ability to sing again. Hence, he made the song for all 32 of his teeth that is a really catchy song that anyone with the nostalgic memory can remember this awesome song from the lyrics all the way to the beat of the song. Well the song does not make the 1 to 10 scale because the scale broke and I do not have another one to weigh the song. So the song gets a 100 because it is really catchy, the beats are something that can be hummed by accident then the song is stuck inside you, and the lyrics are just the best and the easiest to remember and sing it all the way.

Well here were the 10 songs that were sung in cartoon shows. There were kid shows, adult shows and different networks that got onto this list. If there are any songs that you believe to make the list from any childhood, please leave them in the comment section and maybe from the comments a second list could be made.