10 Songs That Perfectly Sum Up 2016 For College Students

Thanks for the memories 2016, you won't be missed.

51
Pexels.com

With the recent inauguration of President Trump, I was reflecting on President Obama's time in office, and thinking about 2016 in general. Here are 10 songs that perfectly described 2016 for me and probably most college students like me.

1. Sugar We're Going Down- Fall Out Boy

School and money and obligations, oh my!

2. Everybody Hurts- R.E.M

This song was written by the drummer of the band, Bill Barry. Barry wanted to let people know that everybody goes through hard times, and (to quote High School Musical) we're all in this together.

3. Highway to Hell - AC/DC

This song perfectly sums up the election. 2016 is a year we will never forget. A day wouldn't pass where I wouldn't see a Trump bumper sticker, a Hillary sign, or even a "Feel The Bern" t-shirt. The election left the country politically divided, and in the end, we all knew there was going to be a loser.

4. Oh No! - Marina and the Diamonds

"Don't do love, don't do friends, I'm only after success." 2016 might not have been the greatest, but let's make 2017 about YOU.

5. Survivor Destiny's Child

"After all of the darkness and sadness still comes happiness"

6. American Idiot- Green Day

Those times throughout the year that we weren't too proud of...

7. Come Together- The Beatles

2016 seemed divided at times, yet there were times of unity and togetherness which be thankful for. Just think of all we accomplished this year...

8. Bye Bye Bye- NSYNC

Hasta la vista, 2016.

9. Migrane- Twenty One Pilots

By the time finals roll around, we all have a migrane.

10. Thnks fr th Mmrs- Fall Out Boy

2016 was full of many memories, whether happy, exciting, or upsetting. Thanks for the memories 2016, you won't be missed.