10 Songs To Help Get You Through Freshman Year

Every freshman needs that pick-me-up throughout their first year at college.

447
PCMusic

Since I am a teenager, music is a huge part of my everyday life. I wake up to music from my alarm to I listen to music when I am cooking breakfast in the morning to listening to my favorite Pandora stations before I go to bed. Of course music is still going to be apart of my everyday life while in college, so as a little fish in a big pond I need music to relax me. As the first week is quickly approaching (one week, YIKES), I have put together 10 motivational songs to get you through your freshman year of college!

1. "Freedom" by Beyonce.

As a proud member of the BeyHive, of course I was going to include one (or more) of her songs on this list. Freedom is the perfect song for freshman because we are FINALLY free! We are free from high school, our hometown, our parents (until we need money), and we are just free to become adults.

2. "Me Too" by Meghan Trainor.

I will admit. This is my guilty pleasure song at the moment. I literally play this song every morning when I am cooking my pancakes. This is song just makes me wanna walk on campus and look at everyone like "Oh yeah. You wish you were me." Just listen to the song; it's a huge confidence booster!

3. "Workin' Day and Night" by Michael Jackson.

This is a personal favorite because I am a HUGE Michael Jackson (I have eight wall posters to prove it). I usually play this song when I have to finish an essay or start on a project. This song helps get things done! The fast beats are just motivation to finish whatever you are doing! WORK WORK WORK.

4. "Can't Touch This" by M.C. Hammer.

Another personal favorite! This song is my favorite song for when I am working out or cleaning around my house. There is just something about this song that gets everyone hyped from the first line. It just makes you wanna get up and go to class or do the Chinese typewriter! Listen to this once you ace your first college exam to let everyone know that you are untouchable.

5. "All I Do is Win" by DJ Khaled.

Now this song is popular among OSU students. This song has been one of the top songs to listen to once your favorite team wins a game or just when you pass your first college exam. This song just makes you feel like you're winning all the time, and that is exactly what a freshman needs!

6. "Diva" by Beyonce.

Told you the Queen Bey was going to be on this list again. This song is the greatest song for women. We all are divas and Beyonce just reassured us of that with this song. Another confidence booster song! Walk around your campus listening to this song, and you'll feel like the baddie you are.

7. "I Don't Get Tired" by Kevin Gates.

This has to be my favorite songs for when I am doing my homework. Honestly, as college students, do we really ever get tired? From classes all day to hanging with friends at football games on the weekends, we really don't get tired. This is a big motivational song for when you are feeling tired from everything college. Just listen to this song. Trust me you'll feel a burst of energy.

8. "Keep Ya Head Up" by Tupac.

This is my all time favorite song for when I am feeling down or just feeling like I can't do anything anymore. I feel like every college freshman should listen to this song especially when you feel like you didn't do so well on your first college exam. Just keep your head up. It's going to get better.

9. "Stronger" by Kanye West.

This is one of my favorite songs for when I am in the car or working out. Kanye West always know how to make everyone feel better. Just listen to the lyrics to this song, and that's all the motivation you need to get through your first year at college.

10. "Survivor" by Destiny's Child.

There is no song other than this song to complete this list. This song has to be the top of the top motivational songs! Perfect for any college student! You're surviving college, congrats!

I hope you enjoyed this list as much as I did writing it! Listen to these songs when you need a little pick me up from a hard day of classes, essays, and everything college!