One of my best friends just recently went through a tough break up. As we were discussing some of the best things you can do to get yourself back to normal, we decided that a good playlist of songs that celebrate independent and single women was the way to go. So here it is, for all of you self sufficient, independent women!

1. "Survivor" by Destiny's Child

For those girls who are putting it in their ex's faces that they, "Thought that I would die without you, but I'm livin'. Thought I would fail without you but I'm on top!" Keep on survivin'.

2. "You Don't Own Me" by Grace featuring G-Eazy

This entire song is just perfect for those girls who can't be tamed and know they're completely fine all by their lonesome selves. "She ain't never ever ever ever gonna be owned."

3. "Me, Myself and I" by G-Eazy featuring Bebe Rexha

Another G-Eazy debut, the guy loves to accompany headstrong women!

4. "No Scrubs" by TLC

When a guy's a scrub and won't take "no" for an answer, what do you do? Play this song on repeat. Oh, yes, son, I'm talkin' to you.

5. "Love Myself" by Hailee Steinfeld

This is celebrating the fact that women can be self-sufficient mentally and physically. Anytime, day or night. I love me.

6. "Sorry" by Beyoncé

Just perfect for all you ladies who look back and are proud to say, "I ain't sorry."

7. "Say My Name" by Destiny's Child

This is just one of those girl power songs that proves girls know everything and we are always looking for the truth. "If no one is around you, say baby, I love you."

8. "Unwritten" by Natasha Bedingfield

Girl power in its most innocent form!

9. "Can't Hold Us Down" by Christina Aguilera

Talk about a throwback from the early 2000's. Christina Aguilera preached to all the girls around the world who've come across a man who don't respect their worth. "What do we girls? Shout out loud!"

10. "Hello" by Martin Solveig featuring Dragonette

A great theme song for all my single ladies!

11. "Gunpowder and Lead" by Miranda Lambert

What are little girls made of?

12. "Run The World (Girls)" by Beyoncé

Who run the world? Obviously, girls.

13. "Miss Moving On" by Fifth Harmony

Shake it off like an Etch-A-Sketch and move your pretty face along!

14. "She Don't Wanna Man" by Asher Roth featuring Keri Hilson

A great pre-gaming song before a girl's night out!

15. "22" by Taylor Swift

The only song you can sing at any age and feel 22 every time.

16. "Single" by Natasha Bedingfield

My declaration of independence.

17. "Don't Hurt Yourself" by Beyoncé

She's so mad and so fierce. For all you women out there who know you're the boss.

18. "Confident" by Demi Lovato

Every girl should wear a smile and her confidence.