10 Signs You Are The Most Awkward Member Of The Friend Group

There is always that one friend in the friend group.

171
Ashley Hontz

Every friend group has that one friend. Ever wondered if that could be you? Here are 10 signs that it is more than likely you.

1. You are “That Person” in every photo.

Whether you are ready or not, your body never cooperate with you. Sometimes you insist on taking the picture over again, but at the end of the day you accept the picture because you know it just doesn’t get any better than this.

2. You walk in the back of the group to limit the amount of people who see you trip.

This is for both your sake and the sake of the group. You really don’t want everyone to see you trip over air and you don’t want to break another person’s limb.

3. You have the most embarrassing stories to tell.

You had to learn to walk at the back of the friend group somehow, right? Truth is, you have broken or sprung multiple places on your body and those stories are the best you have.

4. “Sounds like something that would happen to *insert name here.*”

Someone else in the friend group tells a humiliating story about a random person and there is always that one guy who turns to you and says, “Sounds like something that would happen to you.”

5. You have a serious staring problem.

You don’t do it on purpose. In fact, you do not even think about it, but there you are staring at the guy trying to eat his pasta in peace on the other side of the cafeteria.

6. You avoid the gym at all costs.

You are clumsy enough just trying to walk from class to class. Then your friend group sets up a time to go work out. Automatically, you think of 1,000 excuses why you are busy. Otherwise, you might be forced to do a pull-up and end up breaking your toe.

7. You are the least discreet person EVER.

That cute guy that all of your friends talk about walks into the cafeteria. While everyone else can find a way to casually look up to see him, there you are turning all the way around in your chair and making immediate eye contact.

8. You have been attacked by a wild animal.

All you want to do is put the care package your parents just sent you in your room when out of nowhere a squirrel runs in front of you. You step on the tail, trip, throw your box in the air, and provide entertainment for the guy sitting in his car. You may think that squirrels are cute little animals, but you would be wrong. They are vicious creatures.

9. You laugh at your own jokes while others are just laughing at you.

Honestly, you think you’re pretty funny. Then you realize that no one is laughing at what you just said, but rather they are laughing at you. Whether it is the way you laugh or simply just the way you are, they are laughing at you not with you.

10. You know how to laugh at yourself.

At the end of the day, you have to admit you are the most awkward friend. Shake it off and the next time you trip be the first one to laugh. But try to make it a cute laugh not the obnoxious one that even makes you cringe.

BONUS, your weird habit:

Some of us do this one tick over and over again. For example, chronic hiccups. I’m not talking about those cute little hiccups girls do that make all the boys chuckle. No, I am talking about the hiccups that makes even California wonder if they just had an earth quake. The one that makes everyone stare and that you repress during welcome week, even though it hurts, just so you can make friends.