10 Rules For Being Human

10 Rules For Being Human

9. Your answers lie inside of you.

244
10 Rules For Being Human
Public Domain Pictures

I stumbled across this list some time ago and found it quite worthy of sharing. I can't take full credit for it because I didn't write it, but you can also find it here.

Here are the 10 rules for being human:

1. You will receive a body.

You may not love it or hate it, but it’s yours for the entire time you’re here, so accept it.

2. You will learn lessons.

You will be enrolled in a full-time, informal school called LIFE, where you will have the opportunity to learn lessons. Like them or not, these lessons are specific to you and are the keys to discovering the meaning of your life.

3. There are no mistakes, only lessons.

Growth is a process of trial and error and experimentation.
The “failed” experiments are just as much a part of the process as the experiment that ultimately “works.”

4. A lesson is repeated until learned.

A lesson will be presented to you in various forms until you have learned it. Once you have learned it, you can move on to the next lesson.

5. Learning does not end.

There is not a part of life that does not contain its lessons. If you are alive, there are lessons to be learned.

6. "There" is not better than "here."

When your “there” becomes “here,” you will be tempted to fixate on a different “there” that will, again, look better than “here.” Learn to appreciate and enjoy what you have, and where you are on your journey.

7. Others are merely mirrors of you.

You cannot love or hate something about another person unless it reflects to you something you love or hate about yourself.

8. What you make of your life is up to you.

You have all the tools and resources you need. What you do with them is up to you.

9. Your answers lie inside you.

The answers to life’s questions lie inside you. All you need to do is look, listen, and trust.

10. You will forget all this at birth.

Interesting list, right? I hope it got you thinking. Number ten seems to presume that life is cyclical, and we're destined to re-experience it until we gain a level of awareness to lift us to the next form of consciousness. If you've ever read/heard of The Egg, by Andy Weir, it's right up that alley. Regardless of your thoughts on that, you can take a lot away from this list.

Perhaps life itself does not repeat (perhaps it does!), but its lessons certainly do. Each day, each experience, each person you meet throughout life is meant to teach you something about yourself. Our job is to recognize these lessons and determine what it is they are trying to teach us.

Each is important.

Each has meaning.

Every day the Universe is helping guide you along to become the best version of yourself. I suggest we start paying attention.