10 Reminders for ALL Women

10 Reminders for ALL Women

STOP saying sorry for your existent, you are beautiful and worthy.

350
10 Reminders for ALL Women
The Drum

Ever notice how we are so accustomed to saying sorry for the silliest things? For example, when you're out shopping and someone bumps into you and YOU say sorry. It's almost like we're apologizing for our existence. This is not okay. Why are we so trained to be like this? I've been trying to stay "woke" and educate myself on my place in the world as a woman. So here I am to give you beautiful, strong, intelligent women some tips to keep in your mind as you go about living your best lives.

1. Don't let anyone silence your voice

You deserve to be heard. You have worthy ideas, thoughts, arguments. Don't let anyone talk over you or silence your voice. We are so accustomed to being pushed aside or having our opinions not be taken seriously by men. We shouldn't have to prove ourselves, but we need to recognize the social constructs of the world and continue to advocate for each other. Raise your voice and empower one another.

2. Your body is YOURS

It's 2018, you'd think people could understand by now that women should have full ownership of their bodies. You have the right to wear what you want without the fear of others believing your outfit is an invitation. You deserve to love your body, to worship it if you will without the judgment of others. It is your body, never forget that. You are here for no one but your damn self. Own it.

3. You are not here to please men

This is no longer the 1950s people. Women are not here for your viewing pleasure and to wait on men hand & foot. I'm not saying don't do things for your man, but make it an equal contributing balance to the relationship. Wear that makeup for yourself, go all-natural for yourself, do what you want to do...because no matter what choice you make, it's for yourself.

4. Be allies for other women

We get enough judgment and shame from others, let's stick together. We are each other's biggest advocates to build one another up. In a world that is constantly trying to rip us apart and destroy our confidence to invest in their products to save us, let's build each other up.

5. Hold men accountable for their actions

Your body isn't a please touch museum, regardless of what males think. Now is an incredible time for women finally feeling comfortable to speak up. Seek help if you need it to talk about situations when people crossed that line and know it's okay to take ownership of your body. Tell someone you are not comfortable, tell someone it's not okay for them to grab you like that, never be afraid to use your voice to protect yourself!

6. It's okay to say "no"

This is a lot easier said than done, I understand. Don't ever feel bad about making a decision that protects yourself and your feelings. Don't worry about hurting a male's ego, he'll survive.

7. Despite what the media says, you don't need to look a certain way

Honestly, I am so sick of the media. It's all constructed for companies to benefit off your insecurities they caused you to have in the first place. You are beautiful just the way you are!

8. Stop the shaming

Stop all the shaming!! Fat-shaming, slut-shaming, gender-shaming....everyone stop being so touchy about everything that doesn't apply to you. Let people live their lives in peace. I'm so confused why people get so worked up about another's weight, it's their body and by them being confident in the skin their in isn't hurting anyone.

9. YOU are a f*cking catch

Despite what anyone tries to tell you, YOU ARE A CATCH! Know your worth and don't settle for anything less. Don't be afraid to ask for what you want and to set rules for your own standards.

10. YOU are loved

My hope is that you can carry these reminders with you at all times. Sometimes it's easy to forget who you are and to let the media suck you up. You are a powerful, capable, worthy individual and never let anyone tell you otherwise. Try to keep these points in mind and in practice!! You got this.