10 Little Reminders During Finals

10 Little Reminders During Finals

You can, and you will, get through this.

97
10 Little Reminders During Finals
Google Images

Finals are every college student's prime nemesis. Lots to study for, plenty of projects, presentations, and papers to get done and an array of last minute assignments to turn in. All of this in addition to any end of the semester events and meetings for all of our extracurricular activities. The semester is ending and the thought of home, holidays, and relaxation are looming in our head, teasing us. I think everyone can agree that this time is a little daunting to say the least. With all of the stress, comes a lot of negative thoughts and just an overall funk. Here are some little reminders to help you stay on task and keep your spirits high.

1. It's temporary.

I know it's hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel but you'll get through it! Eventually there will come a time (and it's very soon!) that this stress will be over and you will have some time to unwind.

2. Think of the long term.

College is just a little pit stop to get you where you're going. Whenever I think of just quitting, I think about why I even started. I'm getting an education to be able to become the thing that I am most passionate about and one where I can actually help people. I think of my future career and future life that I want for myself. Once I get there, finals will only be a distant memory.

Oh, and if you're a dog person with a Pinterest addiction (like myself) it also doesn't hurt to think about your adorable future pup in your own cute and cozy home!

3. Remember to take care of yourself - you can't pour from an empty glass.

Eat. Shower. Sleep.

Maybe it seems like a waste of precious time, but I can assure you, this is what will get through in one piece.

4. Take breaks.

I'm talking a 10 minute break here, folks, not ten episodes of Netflix.

But on the real, reward yourself with quick little breaks. Get up and stretch, maybe scroll through Insta for a bit. It will maximize your productivity in the long run.

5. Utilize every single study resource available to you.

If you're struggling in a particular subject, do all you possibly can. Go to office hours, go to tutoring sessions, do the reviews. There is absolutely no shame in asking for help and all of these resources are available to you for a reason AND you're paying for them so might as well get a little bang for your buck.

6. You are so fortunate.

It's very easy to lose sight of just how lucky we are to be able to even have the opportunity to go to college. There are so many people in the world who dream of being able to take a final and have an education. Check yourself and remember how good we have it.

7. You have plenty of things waiting for you once finals are over.

Again, it's always a nice thing to remember what is waiting for us. Friends, families, our very own comfortable beds and my personal favorite, GUILT-FREE NETFLIX BINGING. Also, if you are planning on going on a trip or doing something special, that's pretty cool too.

8. School is just school. There is more to you than your grades and GPA.

It's not the end of the world if you don't get the perfect grade. You have your own individual strengths and wonderful things about you that don't have anything to do with school. In a place where grades seem so significant, it's always nice to think about all of the other good things you do. Lastly, you actually are smarter than you believe.

9. Don't take the L. BELIEVE in yourself!

It's really easy to just throw in the towel and quit, but you didn't go through an entire semester just to let yourself fail. Anything's possible if you just forget about all that can go wrong and focus on what can go right. Easier said than done, I know, but this little shift in mindset can really go a long way. YOU GOT THIS.

10. You're only going to get out what you put in.

You can't expect an A if you're going to stay in bed and procrastinate all day. Make a plan and stick to it. Your hard work will pay off!

Peace, love, and happy studying!