10 Reasons Your Mid 20s Rock!

10 Reasons Your Mid 20s Rock!

You have entered your mid 20's, but why is that so awesome?

32
10 Reasons Your Mid 20s Rock!

Let me just get right down to it; most people believe that after you turn 21 (at least here in the US) life automatically starts to suck. Your birthdays are just like any other day, and that means that they don't require as much celebration as the previous years. I beg to differ. I turned 24 two weeks ago, and I've learned a lot already about being in your mid twenties. That's why I'm going to give you 10 reasons why your mid 20's (ages 24-26) rock!

10. People, at least those old than you, start taking your opinions seriously! I'm not saying that this is a sure thing, but as you enter your mid 20's it's assumed by many that you've had enough time away from "the nest" to develop your own opinions on things like politics, spirituality, etc.

9. Your age means you're both distinguished and youthful. You have likely done things that you're teenage self would have scoffed at, but you're also likely to know that there are things you'll do in the years to come that you'd never dream of right now.

8. Some of your friends may be settling down by now, but that doesn't mean you have to. You're young enough to "have time" to settle down. However, if you WANT to settle down, you're not too young to do so. You won't have as many people asking "leaving the party early, eh?" when you tell them you're taking your walk down the aisle.

7. Having kids now is starting to sound like a good idea. Maybe you're a few years out, but the thought is still there in your mind whereas just 3 years ago you were probably thinking something like "I haven't even reached legal drinking age yet". Just kidding. Sort of.

6. Your taste in music, movies, and other pop culture are likely to be much more vast than the younger generations'. For example, Backstreet Boys formed in 1993 and N'SYNC formed in 1995; meaning Justin Timberlake has been making music for 22 years already! Then you've got artists like Taylor Swift taking the world by storm the same way our favorite boy bands did back in the 90's. Seemingly to those of us in our mid-20's, the younger ones have a lot of growing to do ;)

5. Going out and partying every weekend is starting to sound less and less desirable by the year. That doesn't mean we don't like having a good time. You might just prefer staying in and binge watching Netflix just as much, if not more, than bar hopping.

4. Your best friends are even closer to you now than they were in your younger days. In middle school and high school you could easily go through new "best friends" every couple of months, but when you get older the term "best friend" starts to mean something entirely different. They're the people you can't imagine your life without, and they're the people you want constantly by your side at all of life's moments; both major and minor. I'm lucky enough to say that I've had the same best friends for 10+ years ♥

3. Not fitting in actually doesn't seem like that bad of a thing. Think about it; in high school you worry all the time about whether your clothes are what is "in" right now, and whether or not your friends are going to the local hangout spot without you. Society has enough problems, and while you might have issues with fitting in still as an adult it starts to seem less important as the years go by. That hair style that was in doesn't matter so much to you anymore. It's more about what makes YOU happy, and that, my friends, is a glorious thing.

2. Your career is either just starting after college or it's in full swing by now. Life seems to actually happen once you find your place in the workforce. You're no longer a "student" but a member of society.

1. Last but not least, you've made it to your mid-20's! You passed the trials and tribulations of adolescence, and you have made your way to the rest of your life. :)