10 Reasons To Always Keep Your Middle School Best Friend

They have seen the best (and worst) of you.

93
Katelyn Kaczkowski

Throughout the course of your life, friends will come and go constantly. Your friends might even differ from year to year, especially in college when people are always changing, experimenting and searching until they find themselves. Sometimes, you might just get lucky and (by some miracle) meet your life-long bestie in middle school. They stuck by your side through the boring classes, dramatic break-ups, and most commendably, your awkward stage. They might just know you better than you know yourself. Here are ten reasons why you should never drift from your middle school best friend:

1. You know you can always be yourself.

They have actually seen every single side of you. They know not to take your blunt comments seriously and don't judge you for snorting when you laugh. You have basically just forced them to accept your flaws.

2. They are always honest with you.

Whether you are wondering which shoes look better with your top or in need of relationship advice, you know you can always expect complete and total honesty from your BFF. They always have your best interest at heart.

3. She is the best judge of character.

Your best friend is the first one who can tell when a boy is no good for you or when a "friend" is not being the type of friend they should be. They have made stayed through the long-haul of your life and can tell when someone else will not. It's like a magical 6th sense.

4. You always have someone to reminisce with.

What would you ever do if you couldn't talk about that time her little sister slapped you in the face with a hot dog with the person who was there to experience it with you?

5. They don't judge you for how much you eat.

She didn't even flinch when you devoured an entire pizza, wings, and bowl of ice cream in under 20 minutes. In fact, she was sitting right next to you eating a foot-long sub.

6. You are essentially the same person.

You constantly find yourself explaining her to people by saying, "She is just like me, only less crazy". She is the Nicki to your Beyonce. She is the other half that makes you whole.

7. She is your ultimate support system.

She had your back against high school gossip and was your shoulder to cry on when your relative passed away. She (surpassingly) was never even scared away by your ugly crying face…and that is what true friendship means.

8. Their family is your family (and vice versa).

You took your BFF to stay with your grandparents in Florida for Spring break in high school, and you are consistently invited to every one of their family gatherings. You probably just walked in the door from another one of her little cousins' birthday parties a few minutes ago.

9. There is no one else you can have more fun with.

Who else can make you laugh so hard that you spit milk out of your nose? Only your middle school bestie.

10. They just know way too much.

If you ever stopped being friends you would probably have to kill them in order to prevent them from potentially sharing every embarassing thing that has ever happened to you. She has seen you go through middle school, high school, and even college. So, it looks like you will just have to be stuck together forever!