10 Reasons Why Sleeping Is My Favorite Hobby

Sleep really is the best medicine.

11130

I’ve always been a big fan of sleeping, but becoming a college student has made me completely obsessed with sleep and the number of hours of sleep I get at night.

Sleep and napping are my favorite, yet least practiced hobbies. And here are some of the many reasons I treasure sleep so much and wish I had more time for it:

1. It’s the perfect way to kill some time if boredom strikes.

Nothing to do...sleep it is.

2. It restores my body and fixes problems

Skin clears up, pains go away...

3. It’s the perfect excuse for not texting someone back late at night.

(When the conversation should’ve already ended but for some reason it hasn’t.)

4. It’s one of those perfect moments when a life necessity coincides with things I love to do.

(See also: eating)

5. Dreaming.

It’s like your brain’s homemade movies that you get to play in your head all night.

6. The cure for a bad mood.

If you wake up cranky, you need more sleep.

7. Sleeping is a completely antisocial activity.

Sometimes those are just what you need.

8. Sleep is a sweet treat.

For a college student, getting a good night of sleep essentially counts as a “treat yo’ self” moment, or like self-pampering: it’s a whole event.

9. It's convenient and easy.

Sleep can basically happen at any time of the day and it is conveniently easy to do, and requires absolutely zero planning.

10. Sleep is absolute, uncomplicated, thoughtless bliss.

I cherish nothing more in my life than my sleep time.