10 Reasons Why Potatoes Are The Best Food

Besides being super delicious

2894
Modern Farmer

Potatoes are the most perfect creation ever known to man. I eat potatoes in some form or another practically every day and they never cease to amaze me each time. There is not really a wrong way to make a potato and they always taste like heaven. Potatoes are honestly the best food in the entire world and these are only some of the reasons why.

1. They are so versatile

Potatoes are one of the only foods I can think of that can be made into so many versions of itself! Scallop, French fries, mashed, boiled, baked, the list goes on and each one becomes more delicious than the last! Just add some butter, ketchup, or another tasty condiment and you are ready for a feast.

2. Potatoes are REALLY healthy for you

They pack a lot of potassium into one little vegetable, which can help lower blood pressure and the carbs can help you to feel full longer. Potatoes are like a super vegetable!

3. They’re great for weight-loss

Since potatoes are so filling, they can actually help you lose weight by making you feel so full. So, if you ever want to drop a few inches on your waist, just eat a potato and enjoy!

4. Potatoes look like a lot of other things

I often compare myself to a potato! I mean, when I’m having a really off day there’s nothing like calling myself a potato that the word can’t cheer up. What’s not adorable about that?

5. They remind us of babies

Have you ever looked closely at a newborn baby’s head? I mean, real closely? You’ll notice that they resemble somewhat of a hairy potato. You’re welcome.

6. They fit into your purse way better than a banana

The irregular shape of a banana just often leaves my purse looking like I’m hiding something more…exciting inside my bag. A potato is the perfect size to just sneak in for a quick snack… but make sure you cook it first… and try not to burn your fingers.

7. They represent my Irish heritage

I’ve been chowing down hardcore on a potato before and had someone look at me with that “wtf” look. All I have to say is that I’m SUPER Irish and everything makes sense! Score for my leprechauns!

8. Potato puns are better than life

I mean, taters gonna tate right? I actually find potatoes to be quite a-peel-ing, but not everyone agrees with my taste in chip! I’ll still be a sweet potato about it though.

9. Potatoes bring people together

I have met so many wonderful people through my love of potatoes! I mean, I honestly haven’t met one person who hated potatoes.

10. We could literally survive off of only potatoes

Scientifically, water and a potato a day could allow a person to survive. They might be hella hungry and all because potatoes can’t do everything, but still, that’s pretty darn cool!