10 Reasons Living In A Sorority House Is Even Better Than The Movies

The wild, perfect and crazy parts of living in a sorority.

As one can imagine, the benefits of living with thirty of your sisters in a beautiful house are endless. But just to save time, here are the top 10 reasons why I love living in my sorority house.

1. You essentially have an unlimited closet.

Living with 30 girls really has its perks. 30 closets in the span of one house? Yes, please. Swapping and sharing in addition to impromptu fashion shows and critiques happen every day, all day, 24/7.

2. The chef is amazing and won't judge you for inhaling six burgers at dinner.

Dorm food can easily be categorized as borderline abusive. Having a personal chef that makes soups, salads and dinners of your choice is nothing short of fabulous. Let’s not forget the fact that the ingredients don’t permanently damage your digestive track! Additionally, the kitchen is stocked with snacks and goodies of your choice at all times. What could be better?

3. The warm and fuzzy feeling you get when you walk inside.

Living in a house is one thing, but living in a home is entirely different. A home is somewhere you seek solace and comfort. A home is where you are at peace and feel secure. The sorority house becomes, not just a place of congregation and meetings, but it the place you seek in your time of need. Lucky for you, in that home are at least thirty of your sisters to be there for you.

4. You have a constant, ever-present source of entertainment.

There is not a day or a night that goes by where I’m left bored. Indisputably, there are constant shenanigans, scheming and laughter. Bachelor viewing parties, fro-yo trips, and gossip sessions are the little things that make living in the house exponentially more fun.

5. You feel so legit when you use "The Fob" to unlock the door.

There is truly nothing more gratifying than hearing the click of acceptance as The Fob grants you exclusive entrance into the sorority house.

6. You always have a shoulder to cry on.

In the wake of school stress and such, comes emotional breakdowns and a need for a support system. The thirty girls I live with are my most immediate support system every time I step into that house. Sisterhood isn’t just about the fun, it’s about the commitment and love every girl has for one another.

7. Your sisters provide endless encouragement.

The girls you live with will encourage you to be the best person you can be. They will inspire you to elevate yourself into a strong, self-confident young woman. These women will teach you lessons no other person could.

Anytime you need motivation and support it's like having a whole team to cheer you on. And for the occasional circumstance where wacky behavior is necessary, they will bring out the fun and crazy no one else knows you have in you.

8. Living with girls is a challenge but it's honestly the best.

Girls rule Boys drool. Simple as that.

9. It's literally impossible to be lonely.

The best thing about walking into a sorority house is being greeted by all the girls in it. Never is there a time where I feel lonesome, and never is there a night where I go to bed without receiving goodnight wishes from my two perfect roommates.

10. Sisterhood is a bond that can never be broken.

At the end of the day, it's not the scrumptious food, lavish house, or the clean bathrooms that drive my love for this house. It’s the thirty plus girls in the there who remind me every day how lucky I am to be included in such a group of powerful and independent women. These girls make this house my home.