10 Reasons Why Glasses Are Not All They Are Cracked Up To Be

Wearing glasses, it is a love/hate relationship!

108
Jasmine Gomez

If you are like me, life can sometimes look a little blurry; unless you are wearing glasses. While glasses are extremely helpful, they can also be quite annoying. Wearing glasses are not all they are cracked up to be, especially when everything you do has to be adjusted to fit your perspective. Here are 10 reasons why wearing glasses is not the best thing in the world:

1. Walking to any place where there is relativity high humidity, and having your glasses automatically fog up.

Have you ever gone from nice cool temperature, to a hot and humid temperature and not been able to see? That is what happens when you wear glasses. It is the most frustrating feeling in the world, not being able to see because your glasses are cloudy.

2. Never being able to lay down comfortably.

Watching TV or a movie has never been more uncomfortable when wearing glasses. It seems that most days you either have to suck it up and lay with your glasses sideways on your face, or take them off altogether and not be able to see a single thing on the screen. And to think, all this to find a comfy spot.

3. Never being able to watch a 3-D movie.

Placing glasses over your regular glasses is never fun. Not to mention the major headache you can get from the triple vision.

4. Never being able to completely remove the dirt from your glasses.

No matter how many times you clean your glasses, they never seem to be really clean. Most days, I'm not sure whether that cloud appears really close or if that is another spot on my glasses.

5. Waking up and realizing you can't see.

Again, this is never fun. Waking up in the morning is already a challenge, but waking up and not being able to see clearly? Almost impossible!

6. Having people ask you if your glasses are actually prescription or if it is just for the style.

My lack of vision is not a fashion statement thank you very much.

7. Taking your glasses off for a second, and then being unable to see where you left your glasses.

I literally just put them down, where could they have gone -- oh, I found them.

8. Finding a scratch on your glasses.

It's really hard to focus on anything when there is a giant slash across your line of vision.

9. Finding a new pair of glasses when you discover that your prescription has gotten worse.

Now do I stick with the same style for another two years, or should I try something new?

10. Saying goodbye to wearing sunglasses.

Unless they are prescription sunglasses, you are going to have the sun in your eyes. Of course you could always spend another couple of hundred dollars to get them, but who has the money or time for that?

Glasses are arguably one of the greatest inventions that have allowed us to adapt as human beings. That being said, they are bound to have a flaw or two, or ten.