10 Reasons Why Cousins Are Just As Good As Siblings

"You have the best support system you could ever ask for!"

15

1. They are always willing to talk.

No matter the circumstance, whether you’re struggling through your first semester of college, or you just need a good laugh, your cousins are always willing to talk. They want to hear about what’s going on in your life and how you’re doing.

2. They are always looking for new ways to have fun.

Whether you see your cousins every day or once a year, when y’all are together you know you’re going to have a good time. You’re always looking for something new to do and you get creative with your options.

3. Inside jokes become life-long memories.

The silly pictures, the random moments that happen, they seem so stupid and weird to everyone else around you, but you and your cousins understand why it’s so hilarious!

4. When they grow up and have cool jobs, they send you awesome things!

Shout out to the cousins who learned to adult and are helping the younger ones get there! Also shout out to my super cool cousin who sends me books, because she knows just what I need, when I need it!

5. They fully understand the dys{fun}ctionality of your family.

Every family is weird, and every family is entertaining. I mean every picture you have ever of y’all together shows this perfectly!

6. Your annual Christmas get-together and all the things that go with it.

My family has had this “tradition” of hosting an open house at my grandad's so my aunts can see all their college friends, me and my cousins quietly hide in the bedroom through all the awkward and only come out when summoned!

7. You constantly have a countdown until the next time you will see each other.

This is not an exaggeration; I repeat this is NOT an exaggeration. *PSA: 128 days until Christmas! *

8. Age gaps are real, but nonexistent at the same time.

Each family is different and while some families abide by age gaps (20s with 20s, teens with teens, kids with kids) some families have no boundaries. We all just kind of intermingle and laugh and play together.

9. You share quite a few of the same life experiences.

You all gained uncles/aunts at the same time, you all gained new cousins at the same time, you all lost grandparents at the same time. You stood side by side and supported and loved and cheered and cried and laughed together because that’s what families do.

10. You have the best support system you could ever receive.

Does this really even need to be explained? I’m forever thankful for my amazing cousins and all the love and joy they bring to my life.