10 Reasons Why Breakfast is for Champions

We're all winners in the eyes of breakfast

39
Breakfast

“This french toast is the breakfast of champions!”

Chances are that you’ve heard someone say something like this before, applying the lofty title “Breakfast of Champions” to their morning cuisine of choice. Well, I’m going to put a spin on this age old phrase: in my opinion, breakfast in general is for champions. Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day, and here are ten reasons why it should be yours as well.

1. It has a wide variety of options.

Whether you’re in the mood for something sweet, savory, or in between, breakfast definitely has you covered.

2. You can eat it any time of the day.

Breakfast in the morning, for lunch, for dinner, and even times in between (brunch!). No matter what time of day it is, eating breakfast is absolutely acceptable.

3. It’s easy to make.

I’m not the best cook in the world, but breakfast is the one meal that I am confident I can successfully make. From toast and quick pancakes to good ol’ cereal and milk in a bowl, breakfast is by far the easiest meal to prepare.

4. It helps wake you up.

Nothing wakes me up for my 9 a.m. Physics class like a tasty bowl of cereal in the morning. And a big mug of tea, of course.

5. It fuels you for the rest of your day.

A long day can feel unbearable on an empty stomach. Luckily, breakfast is has your back! A filling breakfast can work wonders for a busy schedule looming in the near future.

6. Cereal.

Can we just take a moment to appreciate cereal for the amazing food that it is? With a seemingly infinite number of varieties to choose from, one could probably eat a different kind of cereal every day for years before having to eat Raisin Bran twice. It might not be the most nutritious breakfast option, but it’s certainly one of the most delicious.

7. It can be fancy, casual, or both.

Breakfast can suit any social gathering you attend, be it a black tie event or a pajama party.

8. Breakfast places are amazing.

I love eating at breakfast restaurants for numerous reasons: they’re delicious, they tend to be relatively inexpensive, and they have the best atmospheres. It’s hard to be sour when you’re being served tasty breakfast food!

9. So. Much. Bread.

I’m a big supporter of bread in all forms, many of which fall under the umbrella of “breakfast.” From toast and bagels to biscuits and more adventurous breads like pumpkin, banana, and blueberry, breakfast is basically every bread lover’s fantasy.

10. You get to eat DESSERT!

French toast. Waffles. Pancakes. Muffins. Croissants. Cinnamon rolls. SYRUP. Breakfast is brimming with sweets that, if we’re being honest, could probably be considered dessert. Ordinarily eating dessert for a meal would be frowned upon, but not where breakfast is concerned!

Now, go finish eating that dish of whipped cream with a side of waffle. Breakfast is for champions, and you are a winner.