10 Reasons Why Growing Up In An Italian Family Is The Best

Best people in the world. Why? No reasons. We just are.

817

You know, being grown up in an Italian family is a blessing. There are so many laughs when being in a family that's full of Italians, always looking forward to holiday's to spend with one another, the food, the music, the culture as a whole. For that being said, I'm proud to be an Italian!

1. The Food

Italian food, what can I say? There is SO much to say about the amazing food that Italians cook. Especially during Christmas Eve with the Feast of the Seven Fishes. Once you eat Italian food, you literally cannot get enough of it... even if you're full, you'll try and squeeze it in your stomach.

2. Italian Parties

When going to a party where everyone is Italian whether it's a wedding, a first birthday party for a little baby, a Communion, a Baptism, ITALIANS KNOW HOW TO PARTY AND LIVE IT UP! The dancing such as the Tarantella, the Italian family members who talk absolutely nonstop, the Italians who sing extremely loud on the dance floor...in all honesty, what more can you possibly ask for?

3. The Talking, The Language

Wherever you go, you probably have seen an Italian Person "talking" to another Italian, or an Italian "talking" on the phone. Note why I put quotation marks on the word 'talking.' Us, Italians, we talk SO loudly! It's natural! We can't help it; we just have loud voices. Sorry not sorry. Anyways, wherever I go with my family, we are ALWAYS talking in Italian. If we're at a restaurant, we are talking Italian. If we are at the supermarket, we are talking Italian. If we are running errands, we are talking Italian. We just love our nationality and love the Italian Language so very much.

4. Sunday Fun-day's

Sundays, the day everyone just hates. Okay, yes, I'm not a big fan of Sunday's either knowing school is the next day, but Sunday's are the best for us, Italians. Why, though? That is the day when we all get together at one of our family members houses with the whole famiglia (family), and we are surrounded at the table, and talk with one another while eating delicious pasta with sauce - NOT GRAVY! (Gravy is the stuff you put on turkey, sauce is the stuff you put on pasta!) We drink some wine, eat Italian desserts, talk even more, and then call it a day!

5. Espresso

Not your typical Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts, Espresso is a MUST HAVE! You can have your Espresso hot which is the usual way, but you can have it cold too which is delicious as well! Of course, we have the Espresso Machine in my house!

6. The Music

Italian Music is SO catchy! Especially the remix versions, the more upbeat ones by Angelo Venuto. That gets everyone singing and having a great time. All Italians must know "Noi Ragazzi Di Oggi" by Luis Miguel, "Nel Blu Dipinto Di Blu" aka "Volare" by Domenico Modugno, "Ti Amo" by Umberto Tozzi, "Lasciatemi Cantare" by Toto Cutugno, "Vivo Per Lei" by Andrea Boccelli, the list could go on!

7. The Hand Gestures

When Italians are talking, we are always using our hands! There is a numerous amount of hand gestures we use but the one we use on a daily basis is the "Ma Che Vuoi???" aka "What the heck do you want?!" Sometimes when I'm with my friends, I'll start using my hands when talking...I'm sorry, I cannot help it!

8. Our Nonna

Admit it, when we go visit our nonni (grandparents), we always know what's going to come...our Nonna feeding us endlessly! Even if we aren't hungry, our Nonna will still put a plate of food in our face and won't stop begging us to eat until the plate no longer has food on it. "Mangia, mangia, mangia!!"

9. The National Italian Soccer Team - Nazionale Di Calcio Italiana

2006, nuff said ;) But for real, Italy is one of the most successful National Teams in the history of the World Cup, having won four titles (1934, 1938, 1982, 2006) and appearing in two finals (1970, 1994), reaching a third place (1990) and a fourth place (1978). FORZA AZZURI!

10. Just the All-Around Culture

I'm so proud to be an Italian! Everything about this nationality is beyond amazing. Family is an extremely important value within the Italian culture. For Italians, food isn't just nourishment...it is life. Our holidays are celebrated greatly and we always look forward to celebrating them. We have an endless love for the Italian language and I will always cherish being an Italian!