10 Reasons You Should Travel With Friends

Now, I should clarify; I am in love with traveling in general. One of my favorite destinations though is France- the fresh bread and pastries, the famous art, the amazing architecture of the cities, the beauty of the countryside. I’ve only visited a small part of this country and I already cannot wait to go back. Why? Mostly because I was there with my friends. Here are just a few reasons why I suggest taking a major trip with people your own age if you are ever given the opportunity.

1)Everything becomes an adventure

Being in a new place, everything is an adventure, from going to a museum, to crossing the street. Any little thing becomes exciting, and nothing is better than an adventure with friends.

2)You take the best group pictures

Afraid of taking all of those tourist pictures? When you’re with friends that is never a problem. It may seem like a small thing but those pictures are just fun.

3)You become a family for a week or so

I had never been close to most of the people in my French class, but being in a foreign country with these people? Well let’s just say I had a new set of friends who had my back, and I’ll never forget the memories we made and the people I made them with.

4)You can be as ridiculous as you want

No shame.

5)You can try to keep each other on budget, but you won't be judged if you splurge

You're friends may help talk you out of that souvenir you won't even be able to ship home without a big wad of cash, but they possibly unlike your parents may understand why you need to spend hundreds of dollars on perfume, scarves, postcards, paintings, and that adorable bag you obviously need in your life.

7)You learn to do things without ‘real adults’, but you still don’t have to do it alone

One of the best rules- there’s safety in numbers. Sure you want to be independent, but it’s a whole lot easier to start with a few friends to have your back while you venture off away from the parental units.

8)You can take a different pace

Whether it's slower or faster when you are just with your friends on your free time you feel more comfortable suggesting taking in the view or storming through sites to see everything.

9)They help you appreciate where you are

When you're on a family trip you may not appreciate all the things around you while you follow the trip plan, and when you're on your own you may be too stressed to take it in. With your friends, they may point out something you wouldn't have noticed, or they may be willing to go down that random road to explore that you never would have suggested to your family.

10)These are the memories you’ll always remember

It seems like a given, but when you travel with friends, you’re bound to make some unforgettable memories. Whether it’s someone falling asleep and falling on the train, going to a market to find local food to cook on your birthday, or learning how to ask for a hot chocolate or coffee really well because you need to stay awake with a crazy schedule, they’re the stories you’re going to smile about. You just can’t put a price on it, and if you’re hesitant I’m telling you now, it’s worth it.