10 Reasons To Keep Smiling

10 Reasons To Keep Smiling

Even when life gets you down, there's always a reason to keep smiling.

Everyone reaches that one point in their life where it seems like everything seems to be overwhelming, nothing seems to be going right, or you're just down. Whether its a bad break up, the stress of school, loss of a loved one or just the stresses of every day life, there is always a reason to smile. Even though it may be tough sometimes to keep that smile, once you allow that smile to stay on your face, you will be happier. You will realize that the things in life that bring you down are not all that life has to offer. No matter how bad things may seem, it is still worth it to keep going. The first step is a simple smile. Like the song says, "You'll find that life is still worthwhile if you just smile." If you don't believe that, here are 10 things to show, there is so much in life to smile at.

1. You woke up today.

You are alive and living. You have a chance to do something great today. You can right the wrongs of yesterday and even prepare for a better day tomorrow. Regardless, you have today and you should make the most out of it. Don't waste the day wallowing in self pity and sadness. Go out and do something, make the most out of your day because you never know when it will be your last.

2. Your smile can make another person's day.

Whether it's your best friend, your parents, or even a stranger on the street, your smile can affect someone's day. Someone could be having a really bad day and by simply giving them a smile, they can turn their whole day around. A smile can make anybody feel better. Maybe your friend is having a horrible day and your smile can be the only highlight of their day. A smile has more power than you think. Know that your simple facial expression can make someone very happy or just give them the strength to keep going. A smile really does do the trick so don't ever feel afraid to share your smile with someone else.

3. You did something you thought you could never do.

Maybe today you got that last rep that you thought you would never get. Maybe you improved your mile time. Maybe today you gave a good answer in class. We all doubt ourselves and our abilities every now and then and the best thing that we can do is just put a smile on our face and tell ourselves we can do it and then smile even more when we actually do it.

4. Smiling lowers stress.

All that effort that you put into your smile will take your mind off anything stressing you out. Even scientists have found that those who smile more, often have a decrease in heart rate, and recover more quickly than those who show no facial expression. Smiling is not only good for your mind, but also for your health.

5. Your smile is contagious.

One smile can lead to many others. Everyone likes a good smile and sometimes a smile is so nice that you just can't help but smile back.

6. Your smile is beautiful.

Like I said before, a smile can make anyone's day and why is that? because your smile is beautiful and can make anybody feel good about themselves. Don't be afraid to share your smile because even if you may not love it, someone else does. But you should love it because you are a beautiful person, and therefore your smile is beautiful, and don't ever let anyone tell you otherwise.

7. You have your health.

You don't have a cold. You don't have the flu. You are not terminally ill. There are people out there with life threatening illnesses fighting them every day. Just be happy you are in good health and not suffering like them. Be happy you are in good health and using your mouth to smile rather than coughing. Enjoy your good health and smile knowing you can live your life as much as you can.

8. You have your friends.

Your friends, your real friends have been there for you through thick and thin, and they will be here to support you no matter what. They are there for the good, and for the bad, and love you no matter what. They put up with your crazy antics and appreciate all the kind gestures you show them. They chose to be your friend and they are willing to take time out of their day to spend it with you. Appreciate the time you have with them and cherish all the moments you have, whether it was a night of partying, a random trip to the city, a camping trip, fun day at the beach, or just simply hanging out in your basement. You have done a lot together and are close, like family. They have seen you at your best and have been there for you when you were at your worst. Look back on your time with them, and when you think of them, you will catch yourself smiling.

9. You have your family.

They have been there for you since day one. They have watched you grow from a crying little baby to the young adult you are now today. They have helped get you through the rough times and will always be there for you no matter what. They love you no matter what and will always be your number one support system. Yes, they may drive you crazy every now and then, but know that everything they do is out of love. They only want what is best for you. Remember those fun vacations you took together, or just those fun times in the backyard. Your family will always be the most important thing in your life no matter what. They may not be perfect, but they are your family, and you wouldn't want it any other way.

10. You are here for a reason.

Everyone has a purpose in life and we are here for a reason. Don't ever let yourself or somebody else let you believe that you have no purpose. You were put in this world for a reason and your life does have meaning. You can do whatever you set your mind to and you can accomplish anything. You will make a difference, whether it is finding the cure for the common cold, or simply making someone's day better. The only people telling you, you can't do something is someone who tried and failed. Sometimes you will fail, but failure is a part of life. All you can do is just dust yourself off, clean your wounds, and keep on going. You will make a difference and most importantly, you will be happy.

Life is not easy and it does not come without its hurdles. Have the strength to jump over those hurdles and keep going. The first step to getting over those hurdles is a smile. A smile makes a big difference and will give you the strength to keep moving forward. Life may be rough now, but trust me when I say, it is all worth it in the end. You will get to where you need to be and you will be happy. The first step is just to smile. So turn that frown upside down and keep on smiling.