10 Reasons To Have Guy Bestfriends

10 Reasons To Have Guy Bestfriends

If you have a guy best friend, you best be holding on to that fella.

27
10 Reasons To Have Guy Bestfriends
FOX

Us girls will always stick together, but it is nice to be able to step out of your girl talk, dinner nights, and shopping trips to be able to hang out with the boys once in a while.

1. They have a sense of humor.

As one of the female specimen, we often have a hard time being able to take a joke. We are sensitive and we have a thing called a period where our emotions and patience get tested for a whole week, every month. It's exhausting to put a smile on your face and laugh at every joke, I understand. If you don't have guy friends during these times, and you are surrounded by hormonal girls that you can't stand, then I suggest you go out and meet some of the male species.They will make your life a whole lot easier. They sometimes won't know their limits, but they will figure it out.

2. If you can't finish your food, they will always be there offering to take it off your hands.
From experience, I know they will eat just about anything. Whether your finished or not, they probably won't even ask for it and just take. Eventually, you get used to it. That's about as much as I can say on this topic, it explains itself.

3. They are blunt and obnoxious.
Let me just take a second and point out the obvious. Girls complain, ALOT. It doesn't matter what the topic is, it's practically how we make friends.
As for guys, sure they complain as well, but they will let you know when you have gone far to long on the complaining. Guy friends will paint a clear picture for you. They are not afraid to hurt your feelings and will let you know when you are being over-sensitive to a subject, which not many people will do for you so be thankful.

4. They know how to have a good time.
Once again, on the subject of complaining... It can and always will ruin your mood. Its a fact. As for guy friends, they know when the appropriate time is to do so, most of the time. They keep the good energy flowing, and everybody needs that in their life.

5. They will always be there for you.
This is a sappy one, but it should be said. Guys can be sensitive too, they aren't absurd aliens that can't have emotions and feelings. You can hurt them just as much as they can hurt you. It all depends on how you deal with the situation. Give them space and make peace with them. You shouldn't just drop a friendship just because they were being a douche bag, if you were really their friend you would fight to get things back to how they were. We all have shit that goes on in life, speaking from experience, it can change the way you view certain things, and the friendships you have with these guys should not be taken for granted.

6. They can lead you to new friendships.
All guys have their own "squad or besties," just like us girls do. Just by having one guy friend, can turn into five new friendships. Speaking from experience again, my one friendship turned into two, and has increased since. Let me tell you this one thing about being friends with these fellas, even if your girl friends absolutely despise them based on judgements, please please please don't stop that from being friends with them. They can be some of the kindest people on the planet to you, and may be rude and cocky to everyone else. Be friends with whoever you want, it's your life.

7. You can talk crap about your girlfriends to them and they won't tell a soul.
You need people to vent to about your friends. If you are going to tell me that you can spend every second of every day with your girls and not get annoyed or frustrated, then you are lying to me, yourself, and everybody. Your guy friends aren't afraid to say what's on their mind and will judge people right in front of you, so why not talk to them about your annoyances?

8. They will get you out of your comfort zone.
You don't like a certain food, they will make you try it. You don't like a certain genre of music, they will make you listen to it. They want to show you what they like and will let you know what they don't like. They will also want to know the same from you, which is what we call friendship. Heck, I hated heavy metal music. I thought, why would people listen to something when they can't understand a word they are singing? Guess what? I now listen to all sorts of metal music. All because two fellas decided I needed to take a listen. Thank goodness for that, otherwise I would have been missing out on such good music and such inspiring stories of people that have healed because of that music. Heck, I myself healed with it.

9. They teach you not to put up with any crap from nobody.
A guy can give any girl confidence if they try hard enough. They introduce you to their friends, they want to get to know you, and they share their thoughts and secrets with you. It's all enough to change your daily attitude towards your day, especially if you see them every day at school. It changes you, I'm tellin' ya.

10. You don't need to talk to them every day to know that they are still there for you.
Shit happens, you argue, you disagree, and you end up saying "I'm done" while throwing your hands up in surrender and walking away. Guess what? You are not done, you can't take a solid friendship of 5 years and say I don't want you to be a part of my life anymore because you don't agree with me. You are still going to care about him, even if you don't show it. You could end up a year later without contact from him and it could start up again like it never stopped.

Life works in crazy ways, but I'm telling ya... having a guy friend that legitimately does things just to hear your laugh or see your smile is a keeper. Don't let them go, or you will regret it.