10 Reasons Why Sisters Are The Best

10 Reasons Why Sisters Are The Best

Sisters are your best friends in the world.

67
10 Reasons Why Sisters Are The Best

Growing up as the middle of 3 girls, I'd say I have a lot of knowledge about what its like to be a sister, and what it takes to be a good sister. Yes there are a million times when you cannot stand each other, or when you think they're literally the worst, but there are also a million other times where you wonder what on earth you would do with out them. I can say that mine are truly my best friends, and always will be. Here's 10 things that we all love about having sisters.

1. They're some times your best or only friends.

I don't know about any of you guys, but once you go to college the people you want to see when you come home on breaks definitely lessens as you get older. Sometimes all I want to do is hangout with me sisters. I find myself coming down the stairs asking "So guys what are we doing today? Sushi round 2?" They're sometimes my only friends. But also my best friends.

2. They are more protective of you than maybe even a brother would be.

If you have a sister and boy does you wrong, then you know what I am talking about on this one. My older sister would make a guys life pretty miserable if he hurt me. I'd be terrified if I was him.

3. They tell you as it is.

You're friends aren't going to tell you when your outfit is horrendous or when your hair is looking really greasy. But, my sisters will personally drag me to a shower before they let me leave the house looking like that.

4. They team up with you against your parents.

Nothings more fun than making fun of your parents as a team. I feel bad sometimes but were just too good at it.

5. They know you better than you know yourself.

My sisters know me like a book, and I know them just as well too. We can call it in 2.5 seconds if one of us is "in a mood" or if somethings going on. And we can have conversations with just the look on our face.

4. They look up to you and aspire to be like you. (If they're littler)

There is nothing better than being a big sister than your little sister looks up to. They will never admit that they want to be like you, but they do. Sometimes you can tell just by little things like dressing like you or doing similar things, but its more than that too. How you go about your life and what kind of person you are is what they see as an example for them. It's a big responsibility, but its a great one.

5. They're the only friends that truly, genuinely, 100% want the best for you.

It's rare that you find a friend that truly wishes for your success and truly wants you to do well in life. Your sisters always will. Seeing your sister accomplish something makes you happier than anything.

6. When you get in fights, it can blow over in 10 minutes when one of you can't keep a straight face any longer.

Me and my sisters can be literally be so mad that were screaming at one another, but no matter what we can never hold a grudge for that long. Shortly after you just get bored of not hanging out and the less stubborn of the two will just give in and laugh or something.

7. You are your weirdest versions of yourselves with one another that no one else outside the family understands.

This may not apply to anyone else but I do some embarrassing stuff with my sisters that is hysterical to us but may be borderline concerning to others...

8. No matter what you do, your sisters will always forgive you and love you.

Your sisters are your family. They don't give up on you or just stop loving you. They're always going to care about you and let you in.

9. They are the real judges and usually pretty brutal judges of boyfriends.

When one of us brings a boy home, he will not see another day in our household if the other two sisters do not approve of him. We can be pretty harsh on them too. It's almost like if he's dating one of us, he's dating all of us.

10. They will be with you for the rest of your lives.

Not only do we have them now, but they're gonna be right there with you when we grow old too. Sometimes with distance some friendships won't be maintained, but that is not the case with sisters. I don't care what state you live in my sister and her kids better be in my house on Christmas and our children are going to be best friends whether they like it or not.

You may not realize it now, but your sisters and family are the biggest blessings in our lives. There truly is nothing else like a sister.