10 Reasons Being Sick In College Is The Absolute WORST

Nothing prepared me for this

104
https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2017/09/27/636421202400030778669261983_cold_flu_ill_syringe_flu_vaccination_vaccinate_make_provisions_pension-1283009.jpg

Being sick is never fun, but being away from home makes it even worse. Being away at college is likely one of your first times being sick away from your parents and, chances are, you probably don't know how to handle every illness or any at all.

1. Your bed at school is never as comfortable

Sure, you may have bought what seemed like the comfiest blankets, but this is a reality. When you're sick, all you want to do is lay on your own, comfy bed and absolutely nothing else. Your bed at school may be fine any other day, but not today.

2. You have to buy your own medicine

"Okay, I guess I kinda have this symptom, so I'll get this one. But I also have all of these so I'll get this one too. Oh and probably that one because I remember taking it at home one time."

3. The dirty looks

The dirty looks from people who aren't sick are terrible. It's as if you don't already feel like you got hit by a bus, but now you have to feel sorry for coughing when it's literally out of your control.

4. Trying not to get everyone around you sick

The dirty looks do their job well and scare you into keeping your germs to yourself. Cover your mouth, use hand sanitizer, and hope for the best. Good luck trying not to spread the illness because before you know it, all of your friends will be sick too.

5. You still have to go to class

Missing one day of college is like missing a week's worth of classes in high school. It's also not uncommon for professors to give random quizzes or to take attendance to make sure everyone is attending class. If your luck is anything like mine, it will probably happen on the day you don't show up.

6. You don't want to do anything

Sure, being super involved and having a job and a ton of friends seems like a good idea... until cold and flu season rolls around. You can cancel on your friends, but the others are not always as accepting. Despite your wanting to do absolutely nothing, you have to persevere.

7. You have to make your own food

Dining Hall food means leaving your comfy bed and walk ALL the way to the dining hall. No one else wants to make your food, so you have to do it all on your own. Eating is (unfortunately) still necessary when you're sick.

8. You have to walk to class

Walking to class is never fun, but it becomes significantly more miserable when you're sick. Whether you have a stuffy nose, or you just simply do not feel well, it can make your commute feel like a lifetime.

9. Headaches

Nearly every illness comes with some degree of a headache. Listening to your professor talk for an hour, definitely, will not help. The only thing that can help is a nap... which you can't-do... because you're in class.

10. Your mom isn't there

The only person who knows how to truly take care of you when you're sick is your mom. She can try to provide support and advice through the phone, but it's not quite the same without her there.