10 Reasons Lorelai Gilmore Is My Role Model

Lorelai Gilmore is truly an inspirational woman, from her witty remarks to her kind heart

342
Lorelai and Rory

"Gilmore Girls" is an inspirational show that teaches us about love, friendship and the importance of a strong mother-daughter bond. Lorelai is the the true star of the show, with her witty comments to her moments of wisdom. At the young age of 16, she had to quickly become an adult and raise her daughter, Rory, alone. She successfully raises a bright and caring daughter, and everyone around her loves and admirers her for all that she has done and who she has become. Through her ups, downs, mistakes and triumphs Lorelai Gilmore has become an inspiration to me, and I would be honored to be a fraction of the woman that she is.

1. There is a time to be serious and a time to have fun.

Lorelai always is ready to have a good time and always encourages Rory to have fun, but she does know when to be serious. She may prefer to have fun, but as a mature woman, she knows that she must be responsible while working.

2. Never settle for a man who doesn't make you happy.

Over the seven seasons of "Gilmore Girls," Lorelai has had quite a few men fall for her and want to settle down with her. Lorelai always sticks to her heart though and continues to wait for her true love, Luke. She has learned that despite how much you care about someone, they might not be the right man for you. Sometimes, it's worth it to wait a little longer instead of settling.

3. A mother can be both your best friend and your mom.

It is very difficult to find the balance between being a loving mother and friend. Lorelai tries to find this balance while raising Rory, and for the most part succeeds. She knows when it's the right time to be a strict mother, and when it's better to be a friend to listen and give advice.

4. There is a town that is perfect for everyone.

Lorelai found her home in Stars Hollow. She made amazing friends, everyone watches out for her, and is there for her when she needs help. The people of Stars Hollow are exactly who she needed while going through the hardships of raising a daughter alone at the young age of 16.

5. No matter how great of a mistake you make, you can always succeed if you work hard enough.

Getting pregnant at the young age of 16 was a pretty big mistake. Lorelai makes the mature decision of finding a job and working hard to support her little girl. Through hard work and determination, Lorelai is able to raise a healthy, intelligent daughter. She is the inspiration for everyone that we can always get passed the mistakes we make in life.

6. You have to let other people make their own mistakes.

Lorelai loves Rory so much that she always wants to stop her from making huge mistakes in life. She tries not to stop Rory though because she knows the importance of making mistakes and getting through them on your own. Lorelai will still always help Rory when she asks for it.

7. There is no such thing as having too many bits.

As the queen of bits, Lorelai has forced her unique sense of humor on all of us. She is never afraid to laugh at herself, and is willing to go too far in a bit if no one stops her. She shows us that it's always ok to have your own sense of humor because it makes you unique and people tend to like you more for it.

8. Get involved!

There's no Stars Hollow event that Lorelai is not involved in. She believes in the importance of getting involved with the events of the town because it brings you closer to the people around you and you always have a good time.

9. You should always be willing to make sacrifices for your kids.

Rory will always come first in Lorelai's life, as she should. Lorelai loves Rory so much that she is willing to make any sacrifice for her, including her pride. Lorelai is willing to go to her disapproving parents for money in order to get Rory into the top high school to prepare her for college.

10. Always stay true to yourself.

Lorelai knows who she is and won't let anyone change her, not even her disapproving parents. It's important to know who you are and stay true to that because that is the only way you'll truly be happy.